3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Vista Sage Bow??  (Read 290 times)

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
Vista Sage Bow??
« on: March 25, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
Hi. Guy I work with offered me a Vista Sage take down recurve. Says he bought it from the big "C" store. Looks just like a Samick Sage which would be a great starter bow for my nephew now that his mom will allow him to shoot a bow. (finally). Shoots great too. But I never heard of a Vista bow and wondering if it's the same bow white labeled for big "C" or a different company altogether. Hate to buy something that going to fall apart in 6 mos especially in a takedown bow.

Anybody know about this brand?
And thanks for your help.

Offline CalArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Vista Sage Bow??
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
It is the Samick Sage.
Husband, Father, Bowhunter

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
Why do they do that?

Thanks
sam

Offline CalArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
Greater market coverage, increased distribution. Samick headquarters is in Korea; except for high-end target bows, manufacturing is done in China. This facility produces 1000's of bows and are sold globally under various labels. Don't confuse the distribution label for the manufacturer. Companies like PSE, which produce primarily compound bows, will sell a few recurves and longbows, purchased overseas and put to market with their own branding. Martin Archery has done the same thing.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »
Lots of companies sell them, great bows for their price, never had any problems w them!
samuel koger

Offline CalArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »
Agree with koger, the Vista Sage (Samick Sage) is a fine bow. For a reasonable price you can have two sets of limbs; 30-35# limbs for 3D & target, 45-50# limbs for hunting.

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »
Thanks all for the info. Yes the Samick Sage is a great bow for the price. Just wanted to be sure Vista Sage is not something else.
Time for my nephew to get outdoors and shoot a bit and then he can come to 3d shoots with me. He spends his life in front of a computer screen and not doing him any good.
This one is a 35# and he's big enough to learn on that. And right, I can get him some new limbs later from one of our sponsors.

wish me luck! Going to have to pry him out of that chair!
sam

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
This is not over yet, my friends. Ordered a Vista Sage and received a Western Archery Sage. Now who is Western Archery? And is this the same as the Vista Sage which is supposed to be the same as the Samick Sage.

This is getting hard to follow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©