3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any Tips for Turning 60???  (Read 1116 times)

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any Tips for Turning 60???
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »
First of all ....Happy Birthday..!!

Turned 60 last November, age is only a number ...Right!... I still do all the things I did 30 years ago just a little bit slower, and hopefully a little bit smarter?

Good Luck and enjoy the advantages of being well seasoned...  :laughing:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
I'll be 72 in June and All I can say is to enjoy what you are doing and don't let anything stand in your way. Best of Luck >

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
Some great comments on here. I just turned 58 a couple months ago, so 60 will be here before I know it.
It's just the last couple years that I realized I was getting older. Have to exercise and work out to just keep the same physical level. And I still work in construction, but the knees are starting to get bad.
I jst try to keep the hunts lined up in front of me to keep the desire sharp.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Broken Quiver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »
Happy Birthday! At 60 I was caught in the last round of lay-offs. Thought my world ended for about a week. My grandson asked if I had time to come to grandparents’ day at his school? Time--heck yea I have time! Who else needs an available grand parent—I’m in. Looking back two years later, the time I’ve had with my wife, kids and grandkids has been the best time of my life and it all started at SIXTY! So I say, bring it on--Tpa has time for all his little hunters.

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
Make every day count getting to 70 is the next marker getting old aint for sissies.Get regular checkups every 3 months for prostate goodluck.
Arrow_Flynn

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
Make every day count getting to 70 is the next marker getting old aint for sissies.Get regular checkups every 3 months for prostate goodluck.
Arrow_Flynn

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
Just don't look back.
Trying to compare now to the "good old days" doesn't add up too well. Watching your diet and keeping fit will go a long way to making things easier.
"I'm not the man I think I used to be..."
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
"all men die, few men truly ever live", Braveheart

I kinda figure if you are one of the men that "live" life, it doesn't really matter how far you get down the path of years. Enjoy every day to the fullest. Especially those birthdays.

It sounds like you're doing okay, a new bottle of bourbon and a new longbow on the way.  You'll conquer the prostate thing and keep right on going.

Best Regards and Happy Birthday!!!!!!
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
Turned 62 in December, started SS in February- age is just a number that I try not to worry about.  I've started having aches in places that I forgot I had.  Ladder stands and ground blinds have become more appealing than lock-ons or climbers. I still work hard, but I've learned work smarter.  Why bust my arse and hurt myself moving/lifting heavy stuff when I've got equipment to do that for me-tractors, log splitters, backhoes, etc.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
A heart felt THANK YOU to ALL!
N/A

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »
When I turned 60 I bought a Harley and started hanging out with younger people. Age is a state of mind. Think young, act young and you'll feel young. I just turned 78 and I still have a Harley..   :saywhat:  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
"Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!"  I've followed this mantra for almost 64 years and it has served me well.
 Like Ron said, hanging out with younger folks helps to keep you young at heart. Except for the normal wear items I'm doing pretty good for my age.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
Happy Birthday and enjoy the new bow.  :thumbsup:  

Good luck with your bumps in the road, all will be fine.   :archer2:

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »

Got that part covered Ron. I've owned this same bike since I bought it new in November-81. Just had the second top end job done. Added a higher performance cam, new Super E Carb, had the trans gone thru, etc. It runs better now then it did when new. Velda is her name and I just can't part with her. :)This pic was taken around 89, but she still looks the same.
N/A

Offline straight_arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
It's all about fitness level and attitude!
"They're all trophies"

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »
I hit 60 this year. Dang time Flys ! Dang body can't keep up with my mind, it thinks I'm still 40 or so but as badly as I've abused my body and alot of surgery s for busted stuff it's held up well. .  I took a 5 day solo canoe trip and i I ordered myself a new Widow PAX   And planning a couple out of state hunts  this year . I really hope I can retire in a few years   We weren't put on this earth to work till we fall over dead !
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
Ed, I bought this Heritage Springer new in 97. The wife and I went to Sturgis bike week that year. Still got the bike.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2014, 07:31:00 AM »
Both of your motors are very cool Ron. I don't blame you for hanging onto both of them. Two Harleys...how cool is that! I may wind up with a more comfortable bike one day, but I'll still keep the shovel. That new cam and carb really woke that engine up!
N/A

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2014, 08:23:00 AM »
I sold the red Harley and bought this Custom bike. I had it for several years and then sold it. I'm keeping the white Heritage Springer for as long as I can throw a leg over it..   :D

Offline amazonjim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
It's not the question how old you are, I don't even like the saying, better like in Spanish how many years do you have, and is heard of a lady that would answer the question of how old are with this, I still have 20 yrs left, she lived until she was 98, so bro how many years do you have left, 10, 20,30, or are you going for 40

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©