3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hunting quiver on or off?  (Read 449 times)

Offline muddyIA

• Trad Bowhunter
hunting quiver on or off?
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:02:00 PM »
What brand and specific model do you use hunting?  What bow do you shoot, longbow or recurve?  Do you keep it on in the trees or blinds?

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hunting quiver on or off?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »
My bows wear a great northern strap on and like them the best, I never take them off. If I buy a new bow it gets it's own quiver. I have them on recurves and long bows, for me I feel like I shoot better with the extra weight.
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
Another Great Northern strap on user. Bear Grizzly, leave it on all the time.
SWA Spyder

Offline jt85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 08:28:00 PM »
I use an EFA 3 arrow mini strap on quiver on my Toelke Chinook. I never take mine off because I believe my bow is quieter with it on.
Black Widow PCH 58" 48#@28"
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 49@28
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 52#@28
Wengerd Ibex 58" 50#@28

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »
the bow i use is a horse bow and the quiver i use is one i made  and i hunt from the ground spot and stalk   :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »
Great Northern Quick Detach for my takedowns. Great Northern strap on for my one piece bows. 99% of my hunting is in some sort of stand or blind, and I always take the quiver off the bow as soon as I get situaled.

Bisch

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 12:04:00 AM »
I use a Great Northern strap on attached to my Red Wing Hunter (recurve).  I keep it on in the trees and still-hunting on the ground.  

My other recurves I use a home-made or Alaska Bowhunting/Skookum single arrow quiver for fast access and carry the balance of my arrows in a Jack Bowyers side-stalker quiver.  in a tree-stand I loop it over a nail or snipped branch so I can easily pull an arrow.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 06:14:00 AM »
Great northern strap on for me also...LOVE IT
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline StickSlinger74

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »
Thunderhorn Small Fry attached to my bow at all times.  That's what I have on my Acadian 3 pc and my PSAX as well.  Love these quivers!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
I used a G5 quiver this past season. I like it because of its very low profile. I take it off when I get in my tree stand.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bisch:
Great Northern Quick Detach for my takedowns. Great Northern strap on for my one piece bows. 99% of my hunting is in some sort of stand or blind, and I always take the quiver off the bow as soon as I get situaled.

Bisch
What do you usually do with your quiver once you take it off in the tree stand?  Do you hang it on something?
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline pinky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
most of my bowhunting excursions are in elk country. I am seldom off the ground. i have a Selway 6 arrow slide on quiver on a Hatfield TD recurve. The quiver stays on always.
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)RC
Trails End     (Good Medicine) RC
Selway (Lil Shooter) LB
Aspen (Elite) LB

Public Land Hunter

Offline MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
I resisted bow quivers for years, then used a strap on Great Northern and took it off when I got into my stand. It actually was easier just to use a safari-tuff side quiver so I did that.

A couple of years ago I bought a bow that came with a thunderhorn quiver. My only real objection with the Safari-tuff was the noise I generated while stalking through brush. So I just decided to get used to shooting with the quiver on the bow. I have seen no reason to change as of yet.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
I have a few bow quivers but I feel the riser on my Black Widow is heavy enough and I am not crazy about making my bow even heavier... I have used a Cat quiver knock off for years but getting an arrow back in that quiver I actually have to take it off. Makes it kind of a pain.

I just bought an Asbell side quiver and I like it the best so far. I used it at a 3d shoot and except for the rubber being a tad tight it works great. I think the Asbell is versatile and I can strap it to may back pack if I want. It's what I will be using in 2014.

Bill
Aim Small

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
My bows all wear side quivers that stay on.
T ZZZZ

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Thunder horn small fry strap on that stays on the bow. Never could get the idea of having a bow quiver and wanting to take it off in a stand
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »
Thunder horn small fry strap on that stays on the bow. Never could get the idea of having a bow quiver and wanting to take it off in a stand
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
I use an EFA 4 arrow strap on quiver.  I leave it on the bow at all times.  I shoot a Don Dow hybrid long bow that doesn't weigh a lot so I like the extra weight that the quiver provides.  I also use one of the piggy backers from 3 rivers so I can have 4 broadhead tipped arrows and 1 blunt with me.
>>>--------->

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
I use only back quivers.  I can get arrows out of it and on the string faster out of the quiver than picking one up that is set up along my side.  I do take it off when leaning my back against a tree when the back is up on my huntmore.  When on the huntmore I set up three arrows, for a quick grab on opposing sides.  I use a stretch cord to hang by hip when on a ladder stand.

Offline skunkhound

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »
I always used a strap on bow quiver, but I've recently discovered the beauty and joy of shooting classic D shaped longbows, and I just can't bring myself to strapping a quiver on them. I'm using a Hill back quiver right now, but I plan on getting a Safari Tuff, or Bowmate for hunting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©