3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting how much and how often?  (Read 493 times)

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting how much and how often?
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
I've often thought about how terribly lucky I am to live on the edge of the country. If I had to drive to shoot, I probably would not have taken to archery like I did.

My range is just out the back door, up by the woods next to our picnic area. I can shoot 60yd on either side of my targets. I have a bag, a blob, and a 3-D boar.

I have a nine target feed sack course winding through the woodlot. I walk the path and shoot at random distances, get to the end, then shoot it in reverse.

The neighbor's fields are a stone's throw from the house. I can take flight shots all day long and not worry about hitting anything. The surrounding woods are full of stumps, squirrels, and deer.

Because I have such opportunity I never think of my shooting as "practice". I just go out to shoot. Several shots at the range, shoot a round on the bag course, then maybe a stump or two. All the while I'm on the lookout for groundhogs, crows, and chipmunks.

In the winter I can only shoot outside on the weekends. I stomp out a path to the range and to my woodlot course. I really don't like shooting inside.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©