3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3D soot bino recomendation  (Read 1070 times)

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3D soot bino recomendation
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »
If you are shooting to compete and not just practice for hunting, and the guy next to you is using binoculars...you will lose.

It is a competition whether you guys like it or not. If you choose not to compete and just practice for hunting, that is your option.  But don't be aggravated by someone who chooses to shoot to win!

Sometimes I compete, sometimes I practice for hunting.

If I use binos, I love Nikon Monarch's. It's what I hunt locally with. They are not too big and bulky, and give a very clear view. They don't get in the way of my draw. (Without breaking the wallet too bad).
David M. Conroy

Offline bbold

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
You guys must have great sight. When I stand 20 to 30 yards from some of these targets like a mosquito or a frog I can't see the kill zone so I take a quick look with my binos to see where to shoot.

Offline nr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
reddogge  is right, you guys bring some of the ugliest women to 3-d shoots.
10X40's for seeing scoring rings on a belt hook

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by reddogge:
If there were more cute girls on the course I may try a pair.
:biglaugh:      Awesome
To answer the question: I use what I hunt with zeiss 10x42 HD
TO REPLY TO THE OFF TOPIC DISUSSION.
I don't typically ever use binoculars when we do 3D; but closer to the season I WILL  just to get used to them on my shoulders for when I actually hunt. In CO we use them a lot.

I'm not opposed to people using them,  IF AND ONLY IF they are not taking MINUTES for the procedure.  It only takes 5 seconds. And you can do that while others are ahead of you And you are behind them. The bigger problem is glassing AFTER THE SHOT!   Awful annoying.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by Matty:

Originally posted by reddogge:
If there were more cute girls on the course I may try a pair.
:biglaugh:       Awesome
To answer the question: I use what I hunt with zeiss 10x42 HD
TO REPLY TO THE OFF TOPIC DISUSSION.
I don't typically ever use binoculars when we do 3D; but closer to the season I WILL  just to get used to them on my shoulders for when I actually hunt. In CO we use them a lot.

I'm not opposed to people using them,  IF AND ONLY IF they are not taking MINUTES for the procedure.  It only takes 5 seconds. And you can do that while others are ahead of you And you are behind them. The bigger problem is glassing AFTER THE SHOT!   Awful annoying. [/b]
Absolutely. My buddy does this. Annoys the hell out of everyone.  But he's huge.
David M. Conroy

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
3d shoots are definitely a competition and I admit to being competitive myself but the idea that someone is unfairly disadvantaged because they can't use binoculars to see the scoring rings on a target is a bit of a reach. Everyone in a class is standing at the same stake looking at the same target. The shot is the same for everyone! Is it "unfair" because some shooters have better vision than others? Have we not all shot from stakes that were "unfair" to a tall longbow shooter because of a low branch or from stakes that was "unfairly" placed for a left-handed shooter? Most of us are in Traditional Archery probably in large part because of the challenge it affords us. While binoculars are an extremely useful tool when hunting to locate game, you certainly don't use them after animals are located and when they are within 10 to 25 yards and at the moment just before you take a shot.

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
Hmm, seems the mans question was about recommendations for binoculars, not about the ethics of using binoculars at a shoot.  Let's stay on topic guys.  
Can't help but notice this to be one reason why many compound guys come to see us as elitists... overindulgent commentary.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »
With all due respect Matt, this is of course a traditional archery site and the gentlemen's post is requesting recommendations for equipment that is banned in every TRADITIONAL ARCHERY 3d shoot I've ever attended. Further I suspect most members here are as I am, opposed to their use. Regardless, I feel that this is a perfectly acceptable place to offer input on the ethics of using them, for both those opposed like myself and those in favor.

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
I also agree with Whip...

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
I also agree with Whip...

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
Someone just intelligently posted another thread
to discuss this so this thread no longer gets side tracked.......
David M. Conroy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©