3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St Charles Cat quiver  (Read 382 times)

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
St Charles Cat quiver
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
Anyone know if these are being reproduced?
I like a cat style quiver but dont need the bulk
and weight of the pouch.

May be a DIY project  ;)
Slickhead

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St Charles Cat quiver
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
Years ago I bought the Catquiver when it first came out. Then later, I bought the original St Charles from Anderson Archery.

I loved the cotton pouch of the Catquiver but loved the solid wood base of the St Charles. So...I cut off the aluminum tubes and pop riveted the top and base of the Cat to a piece of wood. I'm seriously thinking about doing it to my Catquiver 3.5 now.

Here is a photo from the early 70's.....

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Something like this? I have some build along pics I could post if there is any interest. That is an older pic. I have actually re-done the stitching with artificial sinew. Looks smoother now.

Member NCBA

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 12:55:00 PM »
being in the airport business, I made the start of one fron aircraft grade Alunimum.  It was to be adjustable for length, deep fletch cover and solid enough to hang a variety of pouches/ bags on. It is light but solid.  never did finish it as I started using a side quiver.  For stickly hunting with light gear they are tops.  I had trouble getting arrows in behind my back.  Unlike your pics, my broadheads were down, might have to try it with them pointed up-if I can do that safely.

I still have one of Jerry's quivers in the garage too.  I liked the idea of the cat quiver and they do hang nicely on a transport pack for serious backpacking.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
The broad heads are down. The two turned up have judos on them with cork spacer on the  knock to make thm fit
Member NCBA

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 05:01:00 PM »
Thanks Duncan.  Makes sense that Judos would shot at returned more than broadheads.  Still i may have to experiment a bit more. Putting a thick foam with enough down pressure with a softer nock padding amy be better.  It is worth another look
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 05:28:00 PM »
I cut off a piece of foam wide enough so it fits snug and high enough in the base to carry my Judo in the Catquiver. Works great....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
The Mini Cat has no pouch or bag. I think you can get shoulder straps for it also.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
You know those are all judos in that pic. But I do put my broad heads down. I have carpet in the base and if I remember correctly I added 2 more layers of carpet to make the judos fit. I only use the wine cork spacers when I have both types in the quiver.
Member NCBA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©