3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ground blind?  (Read 641 times)

Offline sveltri

• Trad Bowhunter
Ground blind?
« on: April 03, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
Has anybody here used the Barronett 350 grounder? I'm afraid the rains in Kansas may keep me in the camper if I don't get a blind. I've never hunted in a blind before and am thinking about this one or the promos xl club.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ground blind?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
I just ordered the biggest one that hidden hunter makes. It looked way the easiest to put up,but it wasn't cheap.

Offline Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »
I have a Barronett 350.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Javaman Elkheart, 58", 51 @ 30
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 61 @ 29

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
There great!
Black Widow PSA II #52 @ 26"

Offline sveltri

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »
What do you guys sit on?  I have a short swivel seat and a doublebull blind seat, will either one be high enough?

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »
/index.html  

Hidden Hunter
 http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline sveltri

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 07:01:00 AM »
What do you guys sit on?  I have a short swivel seat and a doublebull blind seat, will either one be high enough?

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »
I've used the regular Huntmore and smaller Huntmore chair in blinds and they both work well.

I finally broke down and ordered a Hidden Hunter blind a couple of days ago for my Kansas turkey hunt next week. It's the only blind I've seen that has windows in the center of the panel that come down low enough to shoot something close.

Darren

Offline jjwaldman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
I have the 350, but am not that happy with it.  There are no windows in the corners, and they are a little too high IMO.  After one year of not much use, it is also starting to tear slowly at the seams.  I have felt the material on some other blinds (not sure which ones), and was more impressed with the material.  If I could do it over, I would have spend the extra $100 and got a nicer one.  

The 350 that I have doesn't have anywhere to attach limbs, etc. for brushing in..

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
Are they there or was there something in my coffee this morning? I keep seeing turkeys all over that blind that Ron posted.  :dunno:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
 Are they there or was there something in my coffee this morning? I keep seeing turkeys all over that blind that Ron posted. [dunno]  
Those Hidden Hunter blinds attract turkeys like bees to honey...   :rolleyes:

That one was the Woodland Green.

This one is the Predator Gray

http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Blessed One

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
I have really been surprised how much I have enjoyed hunting out of my GhostBlind worth considering in my opinion.

from 8 yards

another set up not sure why it did not take a color photo

have enjoyed not getting my shooting light messed with.

from 20 yards

blessings,
Dan
Working that Northern Mist Mojo!
Making the transition from one who hunts bows to one who bowhunts!

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
I recently bought a Primos "The Club XXL". I've set it up in the yard, and plan on using it for turkeys real soon.  It has a dull fabric that doesn't shine, and its tall enough to shoot my 64" recurve in. The Double Bull chair I have is the right height for the windows.  My biggest concern was if the windows were low enough to shoot at close birds.  I wish they were a little lower, but I believe they'll be fine for turkeys. It's as good a quality as the Baronette I have, and its easy to set up/take down.  Again, I haven't actually hunted from it yet, but I believe its a good blind.  The dull fabric was the deciding fabric for me.
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
I have a Barronett 350 Grounder and haven't had any issues with the quality of it.  I think it's a really good blind.  You can't use a low seat in them though.  I use a barstool and it works fine.  If you have an extra person or two with you, this is the blind to use.

Bernie

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »
I had the Barronett 350 and had nothing but problems. The cast hubs kept breaking and the company would not do anything to help me out. I will never buy another product from that company. It's to bad as I liked the room it had and the ease of set up but terrible customer service.
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline lone hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
I bought the 350 for antelope hunting last year. No issues so far and am happy with it.

Online mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
Used one last year for antelope and had strong winds but my surprise it held up very good, no complaints.

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »
I got my new Hidden Hunter blind this past Saturday. The first time I set it up to shoot a few practice arrows out of it a zipper broke on one of the windows. I zipped a window shut and when I got to the end of the zipper the zipper pull came off in my hand.

What really surprised me was when I called the manufacturer to explain what happened, there was no "Gosh, we're really sorry and we'll ship you out a new one right away!" Instead, I got, "I'll call the lady who sews those things up on Monday and see if there's a trick to putting that zipper back together." - Not really the response I was hoping for.

I love the room in the blind for my longbow and I love the low vertical windows. However, I bought this blind to use on a Kansas turkey hunt this coming weekend and it's broken before I even get to really use it. Sure, the zipper is not a show-stopper but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Darren

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »
I can't tell you how many HH blinds I've use in past years and I've NEVER had a problem with a zipper. It sounds to me like the zipper stop was left out when the blind was made. The HH blinds are not made in China or some other sweat shop out of the U.S., they're made in a small shop in Michigans Upper Peninsula by a few local people. Mistakes are very rare but can happen in any situation. Sending you a new blind when the problem may be able to be fixed by you doesn't seem to be a reasonable option to me. Rest assured they WILL replace the blind if that's what is needed.

In the mean time you should still be able to hunt out of it with the faulty zipper. I've never used screens when hunting turkeys.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
I looked closely at a Hidden Hunter at the Kalamazoo Expo this January. It was the larger of the two they had there, and I was very favorably impressed by the height and the vertical windows. They are definitely not cheap, but it's the first ground blind I've been in where I didn't feel cramped for bow-drawing room. I think there will be one in my fall hunting plans.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©