3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A&H JT riser update  (Read 283 times)

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
A&H JT riser update
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
The stubby plunger was not long  enough for my axis shafts so I bought a beiter short plunger. Within minutes I had it dialed in but it was loud. After I  tightened up the plunger with the wrench supplied and shooting a bare shaft. The arrow was purposing a little. I tied an adjustable knock point and raised it. The noise went away and I really cannot set it down.  The only draw back is the plunger sticks out a little and the mental part that something will go wrong mechanically.  The fun part is the bow will shoot accurately out to 35-40 yards and I do not have it tuned yet. Still debatable whether I will elk hunt with it but it sure is fun to shoot. 25 yards and in is automatic.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline JJ1956

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A&H JT riser update
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
Are you using a flipper rest with this riser? I like how you can tune these metal risers. Always nice to be able to shoot accurately.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
One thing we tend of forget when tuning metal riser bows is that there are likely a lot more people using them for Olympic style target shooting than for hunting...sometimes the best way to learn tuning techniques is to look to the long time target shooters...I am planning to do that this summer when fine tuning my Hoyt Desperado

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
Not much to go wrong with plunger, just check set screws and tightness to riser periodically. Sounds like you found the joy of adjustable center shot. Have fun.
shoot straight shoot often

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
I am not using a flipper rest, just a Velcro bottom plate. You can eye up the arrow with the beiter then just turn and click to get left or right.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
I decided to fine tune the bow today. I got a measuring wheel out of the barn and see how I was shooting yesterday. The distance was about 37 yards.
I shot a bare shaft at about 15 yards and it was flying a little nock left. I went back to the house and increased my brace height to 7-1/4. I loosened the set screw on the beiter and shot the bare shaft. It was still nock left so not knowing, I took an educated guess and turned the beiter left counter clockwise clicks in a series of three. I got to twelve clicks and the axis 400 was flying straight. I backed up to 20 yards and shot another straight bare shaft. It was time for the true test. I took the same arrow fletched with a 175 gr Tiger Shark. We have a little breeze today but the Tiger Shark flew like a field point at twenty yards about an inch to the right my spot. Backed up to 30 yards and the arrow flight was not any different.  At 40 yards, you can see  the perfect trajectory missing by  5-6 inches.  With a decent release, my left and right are perfect.  At 40 yards, the tiger shark flew flawlessly.  Crazy fun, If I was not on call, I would take it stump shooting. There is still a part of me that thinks using a plunger is cheating but the perfect arrow flight will allow for better shot placement and better penetration. Another good point is the bow is very forgiving and hard to get a bad release.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©