3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toelke Super Static  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Mud_Slide_Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
Toelke Super Static
« on: April 10, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
I have been, agonizingly, going back and forth between this and the Super D.  I will be looking to place an order sometime in June and have been more and more leaning to the SS.  They just seem to have all the qualities I am looking for, but I have never shot one.  Anyone who has one or has shot one, could you chime in and give your thoughts on the Super Static?  I did do a search in the archives but could not find much on them...plenty on the Whips and Super D, though.  Thanks in advance!
Luke 10:18-20
>>>---------->

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Re: Toelke Super Static
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
Had a D.  The Super D is a great D bow, when shooting its as if a Whip and a Hill had a love child.  Gentle bump on the shot and quicker than a Hill.  Very very slender proportions.  More slender than a Whip.  A great bow if aesthetically D bows are your soul food.  I haven't shot an SS but have one arriving in a couple days.  I have drawn one though and it is butter smooth.  Smoother than a Whip or Super D by a slight bit I'd say.  The grip and riser is a bit thicker than a Whips too.  The SS will also have a slightly lower string angle and a bit less string on the fingers at full draw.  If you give me until Monday or so I can take delivery of the SS and give you my full thoughts.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
Btw, Florida Lime owns both models currently  ;)
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
I've shot both. I'm not a D bow fan but the Super D was pretty nice. Just had a super static and quickly sent it down the road, about the same amount of hand shock as the super D. I've owned them all and the Chinook is still the best bow in his line.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
I am very intrigued by your experience Brad.  Same bump as the D on the SS eh?  I'm very curious to shoot the SS as soon as it arrives to see if I feel the same thing.  You would 'think' that the SS would have even less perceivable resonance through the grip than the Whip.  Very curious.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Mud_Slide_Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 03:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  Nineworlds9, I look forward to your thoughts after shooting your SS.  Hopefully you won't be disappointed.  Oh...and a few pics wouldn't hurt either!
>>>---------->

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
Seeing as I have owned several Whips, a Super D, and a Kestrel all of similar draw weights within 5# of each other and the SS will be in that range also, a review..with pics  ;) ...is par for the course...LOL.  You got it!  Everyone has a different tactile sensory experience to some degree...I will be as 'objective' as possible with my 'subjective' test drive haha.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »
Mud'-
See this link if you haven't already for some words on the Super D.  Also, you'll notice TGer 'tzolk' owns both a D and an SS and did speed testing on them.  

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=001201

If you scroll to the bottom of that thread you'll see photos I took showing the physical differences side by side between a Super D and a Whip.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
If you perceive much more then just the  SLIGHTEST nudge from the Super D, play with the brace height.  I can shoot mine HUNDREDS of times without stopping with no perceived issues.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 05:29:00 PM »
I've also been looking at the Super Static. Looking forward to your review nineworlds
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
I know what you all are thinking. I promise I've not lost my mind. I've owned at least a dozen of Dan's bow. The whip, chinook and Kestrel are dead at the shot, I mean fantastic!  The D and SS kick a little. I just told the same to a guy on the other trad site and he politely told me I was nuts and he had both on the way to try. Just yesterday, completely unsolicited , he send me a private message telling me I was right. My wife was quick to point out it doesn't happen often, but that was my experience.   Let me be very clear, I'm not bad mouthing the Toelkes. They consistently put out the best bows in the business as well or better then everyone else. I'll never sell my Chinook and I want a Classic whip something awful.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »
I have owned a number of Dan's bows, Whips Classic and Standard, a Chinook one piece recurve, an "SL" and a Curlew take-down recurve and Super Ds. I have been to Dan's place a few times and have shot dozens more bows while there including the 52" Kestral and 64" Super Static Recurve. All of Dan's bows share a common trait, they are consistently extremely well-mannered and the only ones I've ever shot that had the slightest hand shock, actually more like a pulse, have been my Super Ds. I certainly don't doubt Biathlonman's experience but I would suspect that with some tuning the bow would have shot for him like they have for myself and others. Frankly, the S.S. that I shot at Dan's last September was in my opinion just about the finest shooting recurve I've ever shot, the closest to it being the Lynx take-down that I shot for a couple of months back when they were first introduced.
  Don't know if this has helped Slim any but I can say again in my opinion you could hardly find a better shooting recurve than the S.S. or a "Hill Style" than a Super D. My preference is the Super D, there's something almost magical about the way they feel at the shot but I find myself in the minority on most things.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biathlonman:
I know what you all are thinking. I promise I've not lost my mind. I've owned at least a dozen of Dan's bow. The whip, chinook and Kestrel are dead at the shot, I mean fantastic!  The D and SS kick a little. I just told the same to a guy on the other trad site and he politely told me I was nuts and he had both on the way to try. Just yesterday, completely unsolicited , he send me a private message telling me I was right. My wife was quick to point out it doesn't happen often, but that was my experience.   Let me be very clear, I'm not bad mouthing the Toelkes. They consistently put out the best bows in the business as well or better then everyone else. I'll never sell my Chinook and I want a Classic whip something awful.
Never doubted your sincerity for a second Brad.  I 100% understood the point you were trying to make and conoisseur that I am I have got to try it for myself and see what I think.  You're absolutely right, Dan and Jared are a benchmark if anything.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 10:33:00 PM »
It's a disease, we got to try them all!  Lol

I've slowed way down but still have a longbow from Javaman in the works.  Shot a half dozen more at last weekends Tradfest and still doting on my Classic Chinook!  Still haven't found anything better despite trying like hell!  Lol

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
One thing is for sure I will always want another bow. The SS is definitely on my short list of next bows to get.
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline Mud_Slide_Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »
Thanks for the replies everyone.  I figure I can't go wrong either way.  There is just something about the SS that is very appealing to me.  Biathlonman, I agree with you that this can turn into a disease...and quick!  There is just something about a well made bow...functional art.  Nineworlds9...I can't wait to see the pics and look forward to your review.
>>>---------->

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 07:57:00 AM »
Stayed tuned brother    :thumbsup:
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Steven E Milbocker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »
Hey Brad I didn't tell you that you were nuts!:)But you were right! I can't say it's a bad bow I just think the Chinook is better for me. My SS is still for sale or trade.Dan's work is flawless regardless:)

Offline Steven E Milbocker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »
I had a dropdead gorges Whip I traded for my Chinook. Sweet bow just like recurves better.I wasn't sure I would like a bow shorter than 60" but now I wondering about trying a Kestrel  :)

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
Mud_Slide' my review and mess of pics is now available    :bigsmyl:    :archer2:    :shaka:
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©