3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lost My hunting spot  (Read 709 times)

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lost My hunting spot
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 01:52:00 PM »
If you ever hunt PA just let me know, you're always welcome on my property.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mojostick:
Find out who the new owner is and offer to pay his property taxes, or a large chunk of them, for exclusive hunting rights. Nobody should expect to be able to hunt private land owned by others, as a stranger basically unknown to the landowner, for free.

Being able to hunt private land is a quid pro quo. The landowner offers the hunter something and the hunter should offer something equal in value to the opportunity to access that land. In todays world, a case of beer, offering a few hours of labor or some venison doesn't cut it because it's not equal to what the landowner offers, when taxes and expenses far outweigh that small benefit to the landowner than many hunters offer.
Sad, but true.   I long for the good 'ol days when I could hunt every piece of land for miles around.  Everyone knew each other and everyone just hunted.
What is having access to privately owned land worth, in order to make a reasonable offer to someone?  I guess its worth whatever the owner decides it is.  And that's cool, it's his/her's land, they can do whatever they want. But I guess I'm just not use to the idea of having to get something of equal value (what's sitting in a tree stand from Oct thru Dec -mostly weekends equate to) in order to grant someone permission to hunt.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by longbowman:
If you ever hunt PA just let me know, you're always welcome on my property.
Thank you. I do like Pa. Hunted Lycoming, Franklin and Adams counties for several years when i was a young lad.

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Frank V:

Originally posted by cmh:
Hope your able to talk to the new owners..... It might help if you do so with the former owner as that may carry some weight if he is there to vouch for you. Good luck!!
That would be my suggestion too. I'd ask the former owner whom you must know at least pretty well, to introduce me to the new owner. Maybe all is not lost? [/b]
I am working on that as we speak and might have a lead on a new farm here close to home. I will find something.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©