3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anyone own a 64 inch savannah longbow i know the make a 62 inch one ?  (Read 150 times)

Offline bowhunter@54

• Trad Bowhunter
I just got my new Savannah longbow from Martin and I know that it come in a 62 inch model.Well the one I received was made is a 64’’ amo its 50#@28’’ and the because the limbs are 2’’ longer they thin out a bit more near the tips, its same as the regular savannah with the zebrawood lams and clear glass as well as bubinga lams and riser with the half moon grey inlay in the riser  I was told that the bow was 4 years old and was never finished. And that the press and limb tip jig no longer exists .And he said they will not make this 64 inch bow again So did I get LUCKY!   .   .   .     .     .        
2014 custom 64 inch Martin Savanna 50 #@28 ,1986 Martin The Stick 55#@28,2013 Greatree GT Hawk takedown 45#@28,1969 Indian archery Hawkeye 55#@28,1969 Cochise Indian archery 40#@28. It's good to be alive unless your a squirrel !

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anyone own a 64 inch savannah longbow i know the make a 62 inch one ?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
4 yrs old, never finished, someone else's name on it and they sold it as new???   That sounds interesting.  

I remember hearing about some 64" bows and they did make a 64" "stealth" version of the savannah. Maybe they ran a few through that line.  

Hope you didn't pay full new bow price.  I know they sell some blems etc through that big auction site.
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline bowhunter@54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
The way I received it was I ordered a bow from kmarchery  where  brandon at Martin is in charge of the bow  seconds going to kmarchery for sale  .It had a bad tiller  instead of a blemish under the finish .So  then i was lead over to  Chris over at Martin  and he said he could fix me up with a 4 year old Savannah that was never finished .I. Gave him weight and draw he would finish it out and I would have a sweet bow and that's my name on the bow because it was done special for me .Martin Archery and Chris over at the traditional shop Thanks again.It's a sweet fast and hard hitting bow
2014 custom 64 inch Martin Savanna 50 #@28 ,1986 Martin The Stick 55#@28,2013 Greatree GT Hawk takedown 45#@28,1969 Indian archery Hawkeye 55#@28,1969 Cochise Indian archery 40#@28. It's good to be alive unless your a squirrel !

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
Oops my bad.  Got your name wrong!!   I bought my first bow, a Savannah, that way too.  It was before I discovered TradGang. Have been very happy with it!  Great bows.  Good story and looks like you fell into a great bow!!  Sounds like great customer service as well!!     :thumbsup:
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline jmrsyrs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 07:16:00 PM »
Congrats on the new bow - Savannahs are shooters for sure - bet she shoots as good as she looks.  :   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the info. I sent a message to Martin Archery via their Facebook site asking about the availability of a 64" Savannah. I never got a response. Now I know it's one of a kind.

Offline bowhunter@54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 10:43:00 PM »
Sorry to here that Clint B.! And  Yes Chris over at Martin did me a great service glad to see martin is back to the old ways of running!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©