3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lacrosse Aerohead boots, anybody tried them?  (Read 324 times)

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Lacrosse Aerohead boots, anybody tried them?
« on: April 13, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
I just order a pair of the Lacrosse Aerohead boots, and based on all that I've read and seen on videos they appear to be a great boot.

Anybody tried them? What the consensus?
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Online happy1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lacrosse Aerohead boots, anybody tried them?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
James Thanks another great review on these boots, would like to see if any other TG member has an experience.

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
I wanted to try them on at Cabela's last week but they did not have my size in stock.  I wear a 9 and the guy says to me that he has a 12.  I don't think that will work I tell him but he insists that they run a little big!  I can tell you that they looked nice and they are pretty darn light in weight but you do not want to wear a boot three or four sizes to big.
Little feet.
habujohn

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 07:52:00 PM »
I have some. I bet I've put 25 miles on them to date shed hunting and dinging around. I really like mine. They're the most comfortable rubber boots I've had by a long shot. They seem pretty true to size. I wear 11 in most shoes and an 11 fits me good.

Offline ARriverdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »
Agree I really like mine.  I only hunt in them and hey are much more comfortable than my mucks.  They are a little more bulky than mucks but more comfortable.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »
Since I'm down south I got the 3.5 mm and there rated for -30 degrees (hard to believe), has anybody had any experience with them being to hot during the summer?

Online Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
I got a pair at the beginning of last fall. I hunted in them exclusively probably at least 35 days maybe more. A good boot, I had been through two pairs of mucks and they are similar in comfort. No negatives I found.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
ttt for more comments.

Offline postman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »
Used them last year in Ohio during their first big snow, worked great, easy to put on and take off. Was walking up to 4 miles a day in them, and sitting 8 hours on stand. Will buy another pair when these wear out.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
I have been needing to replace my uninsulated rubber boots for this year.  Saw this thread this morning and happened to be driving past a store that carried them today.  I now own a pair!

First impression is these are going to be great boots.  Very comfortable and seem very well made.  I did need to buy one size larger than my normal shoe size to accommodate thicker socks.  

Do you use any sort of rubber treatment on your rubber boots?  Salesman said it really helps extend the life of the rubber,  but my first concern was whether it might defeat the scent free aspect.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
Mine were at the house when I got home from work today.  Un-boxed them and my first impression were these boots were quite a bit bigger in dimensions than my boot that I was replacing.

My old boots were 14" tall where these are 18".  This will allow a few more options in crossing shallow creeks and sloughs.  

The polyurethane shell that covers the front and bottom of the 3.5mm neoprene (got the lighter model being down South) looks like it will be warm enough for our milder climate and allow me a more comfortable range during the summer months (frogging).

I weighed them on my uncalibrated bath scale and mine showed 5# even for the pair. Old boots were 4# but remember had 4" less of height and circumference of neoprene.

Slipped into them and they were a little loose as I had read to get the next size larger since no half sizes.  A old pair of thin inserts snugged them right up. And when the temp dips down a thicker wool sock will replace the extra insert.

Well made and no obvious defects, just needs some time to try them out in the swamp, and frogging season is open so we'll see soon how they do.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
Whip, you think a guy would be able to use them in the mountains elk hunting during wet conditions?
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
Just hunted a week in them in KS. Very comfortable boots, but they get warm pretty quick when walking. Very easy on and off.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »
Burnsie,  probably depends on the terrain,  but I like more support for mountain hunting with lots of side hills.  I haven't had a chance to try them yet,  but I wonder if it wouldn't be easy to roll an ankle when things get steep.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
Whip, I went up and down alot of creek bottoms last week and imo I wouldn't use them in the mountains. You are right no ankle support, but that isn't what they were designed for either. I really like mine.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »
I have a pair.  I really like em.  Not too warm when its 32 and below, but with toaty toe's they do just fine.  Feet don't sweat near as bad in them.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »
Tom,

What model did you get?  The 3.5mm or the 7mm?  I wanted something that kept the sweating down to a minimum but provided enough warmth when it does drop below 32.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
I had a chance to try mine out while turkey hunting yesterday.  Really like them so far.  I got the 3.5 version and my feet were fine even though morning temp was in the mid 20's. I have some steep hills where I hunt and they were OK here,  but I sure wouldn't want to use them in the mountains.  Like Fritz said,  just not enough ankle support and not what they were designed for.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »
Thanks Whip sounds like they will be good enough for what I'll be using them for.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©