3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lacrosse Aerohead boots, anybody tried them?  (Read 325 times)

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lacrosse Aerohead boots, anybody tried them?
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »
Mine are 3.5
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
So when mine are about to fill up with water perhaps you could throw yours back to me   :confused:

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »
The jury is still out for me, mine are size 11 and there a little roomy so I put some extra inserts in and still a little roomy. When I walk my heel slides up and down and pull my socks down towards my toes   :confused:

The store I had shipped from don't have any 10's to try out, but I'm not sure they wouldn't be too small.  

My old boots were made by BOGS as a store brand and I really love them for the fit etc... but they were only 15" tall.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
how do they compare with the Lacrosse Alpha Burlys? have worn those for many years, and love them because of the lightness of the neoprene uppers. i read that initial review on Bowsite, and was wondering if these were simply a "new and improved" version of the Alphaburlys, or whether there was any substantial differences.

anybody know?

guess i need to re-read that review.

edit - just re-read it, and remembered that the best improvement seems to be the reinforced front shin part of the boot. the fact is that neoprene wears out at some point and cracks, and that's usually at the ankle/shin part of the boot, exactly where they have reinforced these. and they also retail for about same amount that the previous AlphaBurlys did. i'll definitely get some when my current pair wears out.
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
John,

Quite a bit different, beside the front guard that is made of polyurethane instead of rubber the neoprene is covered with a fabric brush guard. Mine are the lighter model with 3.5 mm neoprene that is rather thin but the reviews I read say it will hold up to normal use.

My main concern now is the fit, and they are more bulky then my old boot something I don't care for but can get used to.  Another thing is my old boots allowed me to "feel the ground" so it was easier to walk quietly while stalking.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©