3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Turkey blind chair  (Read 545 times)

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
Turkey blind chair
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »
My chair I am using to turkey hunt out of is literally killing my back. I need one that I can sit in for five hours and not scream all the way back home. What are you all using that works. Thanks, Gary. Mine is a double bull and it is a lower back killer.   :banghead:

Offline J.T.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turkey blind chair
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
Huntmore 360 best built and most comfortable chair out there.  Scott is a great guy and is a sponsor as well
70" [email protected] Northern Mist Classic
70" 73@32 Northern Mist Whitbeck

Michigan Longbow association

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »
I like the Lil' Sit by Woodsey Too. It works real well and I sit from daylight till about noon when I turkey hunt.

Bisch

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
Huntmore 360. I have the 16" version.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I will look into these, I need some relief or I am going to be crippled by the end of my season.

Offline silent sniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
Another great option is the double bull magnum chair. I used one all last year. Lightweight for a large chair, perfect shooting height , and a price tag of less than $60. I've sat motionless in mine for 3-4 hours at one time. It is hard to beat for the price. SS

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
Spot 360 is a comfy seat

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
I have the Huntmore 360 as well.  Often sit 10 hours or more a day.  As comfortable, adjustable and maneuverable seat as you will find.

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
I just got the Blind Ambition deluxe chair at the Madison Deer Classic a few weeks ago.  Seems very well built and sturdy.  My turkey season isn't for a couple of weeks but I expect to be quite pleased with it.   http://www.bahunting.com/products/chairs/
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Very interesting the blind ambition.

Did you get the swivel model..

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
I was using a padded boat seat in my permanent blind. Very comfy and swivels too!!!

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »
For 75 bucks you can get a blackout swivel tripod chair.  Silent, incredibly quiet, incredibly comfortable.  Legs adjust so you can shoot out of just about any blind.  Has those little pivoting feet that keep you from sinking in.  Best chair for the money that I have found.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 06:51:00 AM »
I have sat in PDK25'S chair and it is comfy. I like to get multiple uses out of any gear I can. The rack Pack by Magnus is comfy for hours and carries my blind. We have also taken the Rack Pack on hunts just to haul out meat. Having said that if you can haul a seat out and leave it, there are other seats that are more comfortable. PDK25'S seat did fold up nice.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
Also the rack pack has good back support and a adjustable head rest. Getting it level on some ground is tricky.

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 07:12:00 AM »
Thanks again for all the info guys. I think the main problem is that with my popup blind, which is a double bull Black Horse, I can't really stand and shoot so sitting extensively for like five hours is killing my back. I had to take a day off today and let it rest. After sitting all morn yesterday I like to never made it back, no pun intended. Think if I had a blind I can stand in and shoot as well as sit, then It would be much better for my back. I shoot better standing anyway, I missed a nice Gobbler yesterday morn at eight yards, nothing but feathers!    :banghead:

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »
Gator, Yep I got the swivel camo model.  Time will tell if it was money well spent but so far I'm pleased.  Other than comfort, the big selling point for me was that it collapses flat and can be carried easily.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
The HuntMore 360 is the ticket for your back. Lots of adjustable lumbar support as well as seat tension. I have the full size version and have a smaller one on order to take to Africa this summer.  If you add up all the cheap chairs you hve broken over the years (including the DB Magnum in my case) you are going to come up with way more than the price of a HM360 that is built to last a lifetime. They are infinitely adjustable in the legs, seat, and back. Excellent chair.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
I use a rack pack. I have had it since they first came out and have really enjoyed having it.
I also have a huntmore but it stays at the house.It is a very comfy seat but it makes noise. I'm quite sure I can fix the squeaks but what I can not fix is the weight of it.  It also does not carry my blind and decoys like the rack pack.One thing is for sure the huntmore is built to last!
Just my opinion.
Bill

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
I totally understand your back issues.

I've own several but from the point I got my Waldrop Pac-seat I knew my search for the "perfect for me" hunting chair had been found.

I'm turkey hunting off mine this spring and I couldn't be more comfortable.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Todweelz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
I got an oversize folding camp chair, from wally world. Its called a tension chair, the seat doesn't sag like a folding camp chair, easy to carry, easy to shoot from and cheap, and even easier to fall asleep in, would'nt use it if you don't use a blind though, less than $20

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©