3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cooler?  (Read 457 times)

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cooler?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
At elk camp we always have quite an assortment of coolers there from all makes and price ranges.  The Coleman Xtreme always keeps ice as good as or better than all others.  Now, I have yet to drop one out of a moving vehicle, but for my hard-earned money, there is nothing better than the Xtreme.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
The user ratings are the best guide-that and experience. I have a flock of the coleman extremes. I fill one with ice blocks only, and tape over the seams. Then replenish ice in the other coolers as needed. Even in hot weather this works great, and easily lasts all week. Keep the lids shut tight!   :archer:

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up guys, I am going to have to look for those Coleman Xtreme's!
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
Coleman Extreme all the way.  Got it at BJ's for about 100 bucks.  Keeps ice at least 5 days.  Well worth it.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
Coleman extremes seem to be the go to cooler, but there is something everybody should know, size matters, a cooler with a lot of air space is not going to be as efficient as one that is packed to the hilt.

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
I love my Colman Extreme's I go to a lot of trad shoots and hunt with them and if it is 4 or 5 days I usually do not have to buy ice some times I do depends on cooler management. I was given a good tip a cooler is a good oven or a good cooler if you store it in a hot place it is a oven and you should put some ice in it a day before you need it to bring down the temp inside before you load it will make your ice last longer.   Widow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©