3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tell me about your ILF hunting set up.  (Read 979 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tell me about your ILF hunting set up.
« on: May 01, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
I have been messing around with a 56" recurve ILF set up and it's really impressing me. Anybody hunting with an ILF set up that they really like?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tell me about your ILF hunting set up.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:16:00 PM »
i have two, first is a ******** Titan1 riser with 45# Blackmax Carbon limbs in long, ans a Warfed Black Bear riser with the same limbs in mediums, the Titan comes out to a 60" bow and the Black Bear is a 64" bow. Theses two are fast becoming my favorite bows to shoot. I just bought a used set of Hex-5 limbs from a fella on here, should have them by next week, i think these are going to be awesome on either riser.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline Oregon Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 06:27:00 PM »
I haven't gotten into one yet. Several guys around here (Utah) are shooting the TT Titan also with same or similar blackmax limbs as above. Most shoot of a rest with plunger. Still can't go down that road but they shoot good and are starting to look cooler to me. I do like the ILF idea for sure.
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Offline Archer1019

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »
I'm currently using a 15" Phoenix and Dryad Epic RC limbs. Strung, the bow is 58" due to the curves in the limbs. I like that it's compact! Shooting off the shelf.
..believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.. Acts 16:31

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »
Morrison Mini 13 ILF handle with Carbon/foam recurve limbs (also Morrison) 58" AMO and 43#@28. Also have a set of Centaur ILF longbow limbs making same AMO and weight Limbs are bamboo/carbon. Love it.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
I have a 17" Zipper with 2 sets of Dryad statics, 39-43# and 44-48#. I have not hunted with it yet. I'm messing around with a ** ** Recon 15" with 40# Black Max shorts. Even with a 29" draw it seems to behave very well. I also have a Morrison mini 14" but my wife has claimed it.....lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
Titan 1 riser with medium TT limbs 50@ 28". Shoot off the shelf.
Also have two dx5 risers both with ilf one withong limbs and the other with shorts
I love Bow Hunting

Offline beendare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
I have 3 sets of risers and 3 sets of limbs and mix and match. Probably my favorite is my Morrison 17" wood riser and the SF Elite plus limbs [about $275 at Alt services]

I also have the Titan and I shoot it as good as anything- the mass makes it so nice to shoot- going to use it for carp when my elbow finally heals.

I have another BC riser that I modified and it feels real good but the metal limb pockets squeak and grind for some reason, electric tape quiets it for a few shots then its back. I like the limb angle of the Morrison the best too- the others are a bit more sloped.
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
― Edwin Louis Cole

Offline Jim Picarelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 07:52:00 PM »
TT 17" Titan riser with Samick BF Extreme mediums, pulling 46#. I've had alot of risers and limbs but this is the combo that really works for me best.
67" Hill Tembo, 50@27
67" Hill Half Breed, 53@27
66" Hill Redman, 48@27
66" Hill Cheetah, 55@27
66" Hill Big Five, 50@27

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »
I shoot a DAS master hunter, with border hex 6bb2 limbs and love them.  I shot winex limbs off the same riser before the borders.
peter Osimanti

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
I am waiting on mine. The funny thing that got me going towards this is the bowyers I've talked to that have already changed to ILF 3 or more years now. The tuning and interchangeability is amazing and grips and limbs are outstanding. Jim Belcher told me you can use a solid plunger to tune center shot for different spined arrows. All have said it is very durable and is what they travel with hunting.

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
Hey Huntrix what about some pics of the Centaur libs?
From my cold,dead hands..

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »
19" Morrison gen2 metal riser off shelf with pressure button, Dryad acs longbow limbs longs, drawn to 29.5 super smooth and man that bow almost shoots itself.
shoot straight shoot often

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »
I have an old Hoyt Rambo riser with some no name carbon-wood limbs that I would hunt with in a minute. The bow pulls at 48# and with the skinny string it is quite with just a set of whiskers on it. I use a modified brush rest, no plunger.

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
Sky TDX 15" riser for me with cheapo Winex recurve meds limbs pulling 54 lbs. maxed out. I would like to get some top o the line limbs someday. But it shoots good and is the quietest bow I own.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
I have had the Morrison, Titan and now a Zipper with Bills Carbon Foam limbs.
All very, very nice bows but have to say I am partial to the Zipper.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Das riser dryad acs limbs, sky riser with a set of sky limbs both very nice.

Offline tomcat8910

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
I have a Vpa vapor 13" riser with centaur XL ilf limbs 50@28". I must say I have never liked a bow this much. I just had Jim build me another set of ilf limbs in the same weight for back up for a hunting trip I'm taking in November. Jim is a super nice guy!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »
Wow, what a bunch of different stuff. I guess that's one of the good things about ILF.....anything goes...lol! I still need to find the right set of longbow limbs. Are all longbow limbs longs??

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
sky crossfire for me. spigarelli zt rest shibuya plunger 12 inch bstinger stab and I string walk it. It shoots way better than I can. The tunability on it is really nice for getting broadheads flying perfect.
Self reliance cannot be bought

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©