3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. Jude Crunch Time!! Where are the listers??  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
St. Jude Crunch Time!! Where are the listers??
« on: May 03, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
The auctions begin in a few weeks and there's still only two pages of listings so far.

Where are you????

I know you all have it in you.

Please jump in and list something.

If each active user on TG listed one item, Terry and crew couldn't keep up.

Please, please, please scrounge around and find some items to list  :)

:thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. Jude Crunch Time!! Where are the listers??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
If you have something in the classifieds that isn't selling consider listing it in the St Judes auction, it's for the kids. Every $$ we raise helps a sick child.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
Yep, seems kinda slow this year, sure hope it picks up, still havent seen any cookies or pound cake. What ever you got, no matter the size or worth, put it in. Like Ken said, ever dollor we raise is worth it.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »
Everyone has to have stuff they don't need or use anymore.

Can't wait to start bidding!
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
So I can donate stuff from the basement hunting room that I don't use any more?
homebru

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
you can put anything up in the auction except firearms or things that go boom.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
Let me dig up the pile of thumb rings I made.  They're buried here under other projects.

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »
where is the 2014 listing forum

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »
It appears that several of the movers and shakers from previous auctions have opted out this year. These folks were big in the baked goods area, particularly in the bidding wars over the great pound cakes. It is now time for someone else to step up. Lets do it for the kids of St. Jude.   :jumper:

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »
Go to the top of the Pow Wow page and read the yellow banner, it is the link to St Judes auction listing page ....
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
We teachers are just a little busy this time of year!!!

I'll try and list some stuff tonight or tomorrow after I finish my 500th grade,lol.

Really looking forward to bidding!

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
Testing Photobucket ......  these are going in the auction

62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 06:03:00 PM »
Got to love those arrows "awbowman". Now that is a great donation.   :thumbsup:

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »
I will be listing soon, hopefully next week.  I am working on an art project for a donation, and I am behind schedule completing it.  Hopefully it will be well received and help the kids.
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
I thought hard about even writing/posting a comment here, but as my friends will tell you I am not one to keep my mouth shut, and it’s usually to my detriment.   :bigsmyl:    As someone once said, “I can’t stands it no mo”!  I may have to live with some consequences but here goes.  Also, please forgive me for what I am certain will come to be at times my jumbled thoughts.  I am not much of a writer, just an ordinary coon*** from South Louisiana.  Here goes……..

There are some of you on here which at least SEEM TO BE walking around here acting like this great organization is somehow letting the kids of St. Jude’s down this year.  This is simply not the case.  I have come to know a few of the people on here and rest assured that as long as Tradgang will allow it, there will be enough good people involved to take up the cause and make this auction a success.  Terry, don't take this the wrong way, but the seemingly lack of “participation” this year is not REALLY because of a couple of issues with guys not “getting their prizes” last year.  Heck, I would venture to say that 95+% of the people on here didn’t even know about these issues.  Maybe “I’m out the loop”, or naïve, but I think I know people and in the end, they will see the goal of this auction and look past some inevitable negative occurrences.   I am confident of this because when MY last year’s donation was not “delivered” to the high bidder due to an event cancellation on his part, I offered Bob Corbitt (rbcorbitt on the site) to “at least give him back his money” but he simply would not hear of it and said that it wasn’t about the “prize”, it was about the kids …… that’s the kind of people, as a whole, that make up this site.  This site is not about the few that have caused issues here, and they will never be of any real consequence to this site.    

So, let’s not sound the retreat trumpet yet guys!!!!!  Even now knowing of the issues that happened this past year, we must still keep our sights on the one truth …… that it’s for the kids …… and I personally believe that the Tradgang community will not let these issues have ANY RELEVANT IMPACT on how we contribute to the auction this year.  This would give these instances far too much credit than they deserve.  Let’s face it guys, none of us paid hundreds or thousands of dollars to eat Delaney’s cake.  Heck, even the losers (me included) donated their losing pledge.  We did, and will continue to do what we can when we can. It was simply a “great year” that year with more than usual “participation”.  With any yearly event like this, there will be great years ….. there will be good years …….. and there will be less than good years.  I guess that can be said of our hunting seasons too.    :bigsmyl:  

To be perfectly honest, I think that if there IS an issue here, it is that because of the EXTREME generosity of this great group (and the great passion for this cause that people like Terry, Doug, Rob and others have instilled in us) maybe we have had too many GREAT years.  The success that this auction has had is simply FAR FROM the norm guys.  I think that we (me included) quite frankly now take for granted the GREAT accomplishments that this organization has had in past years and have come to view these accomplishments as somehow ORDINARY or REQUIRED.  This is not reality!  

Having said all this, and being somewhat of an eternal optimist, I for one am not NEARLY ready to count Tradgang out.  I still look forward to a good year and one that we can still all be proud of…….very proud of.  Ask yourselves, how many organizations can boast WELL OVER A HALF MILLION DOLLARS OF SUPPORT through the years to St. Jude’s!  We have already “done good” guys.  While I continue to pray for the success of this noble cause, I treat every additional cent raised as a win for the kids.  So let us be proud, and certainly let us never be disappointed in the outcome, whatever it may be this year or the next, for we are Tradgangers and WE WILL SUPPORT THESE KIDS!!!!!!

God Bless the supporters and God Bless St. Jude’s!!!!!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
Just because there may be fewer items to bid on doesn't mean it won't be a success.  I budget so much money each year for this.  I will just bid higher on fewer items.  If I get out bid, I will just make a cash donation.  I think I have rounded up my donation to my set budget each year I have participated.  I see several items that I'm interested in.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
I can honestly say I'm marginally aware of a few of these things, but the intent of this thread was to get anyone who has or has not listed an item to list maybe just one, or one more   ;)  

I can't think of a better way to raise funds than to list things others may find appealing and then have some good hearts get into a bid war over the item. It's all with the intent to have it all go towards the kids in need.

Good hearts are what we need. There are still more out there and they'll be around. I have a feeling Terry and crew will be quite busy as the listing deadlines come nearer.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Here's my kitchen table that is now an arrow creating station. We occasionally eat on it    :archer:

Offline Rathbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 02:34:00 PM »
Sorry guys, haven't been very active posting on here in quite a while (had a disaster of a season last year).  BUT..just posted up some cookies to be made by my little one...we're going to have a back it off a tiny bit from last year, where we ended up sending out close to 25 packages of cookies.    :eek:

I'll make sure Ellie is involved in every step of the process.     :thumbsup:

Ellie has been very healthy with her Type 1 diabetes since diagnosis over two years ago - and a LOT of that is due to organizations like St. Jude!!!!

"Lungs are guts.  You can quote me on that." - Gene Wensel

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©