3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: help think of a name for a hunting lodge...we got a name  (Read 2013 times)

Re: help think of a name for a hunting lodge...we got a name
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
How about...

The Anchor Point

The Nock Point

Arrow's Rest Lodge

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
Use something related to the land itself. What county?  Any nearby towns? What's the land like? Pines? Oaks? Rolling hills? Swamp? What stands out about the land? List the first 5 things you say or think of, when describing the land or the hunting there. Is the hunting quality good or is it more of a beer/campfire/getaway place?
For lots of the NELP a good name may be "Spike Horn Acres" or "Barely Legal Lodge" and use a one antlered 3" spike as the mascot.      :biglaugh:

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mojostick:
For lots of the NELP a good name may be "Spike Horn Acres" or "Barely Legal Lodge" and use a one antlered 3" spike as the mascot.       :biglaugh:  
Don't they have antler restrictions in club country?  Must really be working well.

:biglaugh:

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
I like

Kill Shot Lodge.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
Tooner,

No, there's no APR's in the NELP. That's the joke. Get it?

There's Hunter Choice rules in the NELP. Anyone can still shoot spikes in the NELP. Lots of people are still confused by that. Too many, to be honest. If you hunt the NELP, pick up a rule book when you buy your tag(s). It's all in there.
Good luck!

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
The Predators Den
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
Tooner,

No, there's no APR's in the NELP. That's the joke. Get it?

There's Hunter Choice rules in the NELP. Anyone can still shoot spikes in the NELP. Lots of people are still confused by that. Too many, to be honest. If you hunt the NELP, pick up a rule book when you buy your tag(s). It's all in there.
Good luck!
I do hunt in the NELP and I'm quite familiar with the rules.  But I will check out the rule book.  Is it different from the DNR website?

Maybe the DNR is confused too.

Hunters Choice   is  an APR, just one of the different kinds in MI.

Get it?

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »
I call my 80 acres and cabin in Northern Wisconsin, "The Hard Way Camp." If you select Hard Way Lodge, as Normandie suggests, I might have to sue you for copyright infringement, or something like that.  Just kidding.  It's a good name.      :goldtooth:

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2014, 01:34:00 PM »
Not to hijack, but anyone can shoot spikes with the single tag. APR's mean everybody has to have the same rules.

In the NELP and UP, hunters can choose if they want additional restrictions. The DNR has it wrong on your link. They correct it below. In order to be true APR's, the restriction has to apply to all buck tags. In the NELP, some 50% of buck hunters can kill any buck they want. It's only those who choose to kill up to two bucks that voluntarily restrict themselves, at the time of tag purchase.

6.What is the difference between an APR and Hunter’s Choice?
  An APR is intended to be the same across all antlered deer licenses (i.e. you have the same restrictions no matter which license type you purchase). Hunter’s Choice was a restriction designed to allow hunters to have different restrictions based upon which license type is purchased.   In Michigan, specifically the Upper Peninsula and DMU 487   located in the Northeast Northern Lower, Hunter’s Choice  involves a 3 point APR on the regular kill tag of the combination license (there is also a statewide 4 point APR on the restricted kill tag) or   no APR (3 inch statewide minimum length applies) on the single archery and single firearm licenses BUT with a 1 buck limit restriction.

Being a law enforcement officer who enforces driving rules all day, you should know that ignorance of the law is no excuse.      ;)  

If you've been voluntarily restricting yourself, that's cool, but you don't have to do so, if you don't want to. NELP hunters killed piles of spikes the past few years.

There's a Spike Horn Acres near my property. I always thought it was a solid name for a NLP camp. But if one likes, Eight Point Acres works just as well. There's a God's Little Acre by my land too.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
How about "Lost Arrow Lodge"?

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »
 APR's mean everybody has to have the same rules.  
The DNR must be confused then, because they consider hunters choice an APR.  You probably better take that up with them.

Laws are enforced as written, not how hunters/motorists interpret them.

Now, back to the original intent of the thread.  It's a shame you had to derail it with your snide remarks about the area.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
Red Beastmaster has the best one for sure!! "Mourning Wood"! That's way too funny!!!!

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »
Tooner,

If you recall, a few years back the DNR wanted to try APR in the NELP and the NRC gave them a Hunter Choice compromise out of the blue, because a minority of guys, like you, complained. In the last survey, it was 62% pro-APR and 38% anti. In Michigan, a vocal 38% rules if changes are to be made.

1000's of hunters in the NELP killed yearling spikes last year, 100% legally. If you want to call 3" an APR, so be it. In the NELP, any hunter can kill any buck over 3" spike, if they choose to do so.
The reason no APR survey was needed in the NELP  before is because Hunter Choice isn't considered APR for all, so no survey is required. Do you remember the NELP APR survey a few years back? Of course you don't, there wasn't one because the NELP isn't a APR zone. Requiring a survey is the threshold. There can be no mandatory for all APR without a survey, under the current rules. And even then, at least 50% of all yearling bucks must be protected under APR rules. In the NELP under the HC rules, hunters are still killing lots of yearlings.

Geez, let it go. The minority has divided us enough. The OP wanted a nice name and you had to bring APR's into it. I was having fun with the history of the NLP and somehow you went into partisan APR mode. The minority won in the recent surveys, enjoy it! You can go on killing the spikes like I have in the picture, just like you always could in the NELP. Enjoy your victory and have an nice, complaint free season. Your 38% minority got what you wanted. Savor it.

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »
Gotta Go!
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2014, 04:27:00 PM »
 The OP wanted a nice name and you had to bring APR's into it.
I gave the OP what I thought were 4 very serious names before you decided to get your snide, immature digs in about the area.  

" For lots of the NELP a good name may be "Spike Horn Acres" or "Barely Legal Lodge" and use a one antlered 3" spike as the mascot."

Apparently you meant nothing by that.  My mistake.      :rolleyes:

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by kill shot:
Need help thinking of a name for a hunting lodge for archery only hunting lodge in N.E. Michigan (known as club country) When we decide on the name were going to sign up as a contributing member or sponser (whatever it takes) to advertise on tradgang.
kill shot:

I don't know if you realize this or not, but Fred Bear's beloved "Grousehaven" was in the NELP (Ogemaw County).

Maybe you could tie in something about what he believed in regard to hunting. Here is one of my favorite Bear quotes:

"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be."

How about something like:

Real Trophies Hunt Club

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Yes, your mistake. No intention of being snide. Wasn't even on my radar. You'd know if I was being snide. LOL I was thinking of fun names for a hunting camp. Where my land is in the NLP has been notorious for having much smaller deer than the NELP. I wasn't digging, not remotely, because you guys have bigger deer and always have. I was having a fun laugh for most of us NLP hunters. Totally self depreciating humor.
Peace out...

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Manitoba Stickflinger:
Red Beastmaster has the best one for sure!! "Mourning Wood"! That's way too funny!!!!
Yeah I laughed at that one myself. Great name..

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
How bout Angry Archers Bow Camp?    :bigsmyl:   rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
Just funnin'fellas!! Don't bust me up to bad!   :pray:
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©