3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wanting to reminisce  (Read 713 times)

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wanting to reminisce
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
I'll take my pipe and some shine.  Preferably apple pie flavored.

Offline GreyCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2014, 01:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by Trumpkin the Dwarf:
How about a Laphroaig 10 year?
I second this, laphroaig is liquid campfire in the best possible way.

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 01:11:00 PM »
I think the secret with Laphroaig is to keep it warm. I find it tastes best when kept in a flask in jacket pocket where my body heat raises it to 70+ degrees. This seems to release the flavors best.
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
A little Goslings Black Seal rum....or Crown Royal........some ice......and a case of JW Dundees Honey Brown lager and a good holiday week will ensue....did I mention some delmonico's and a few baked potatoes....maybe some morrell mushrooms????....or maybe....nevermind...have fun..!!.
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
I will be sitting around a fire with a Vanilla porter dreaming of having a cabin.    :D
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline jt85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
I recommend Gentlemen Jack for sippin it's a little more expensive but goes down smooth.
Black Widow PCH 58" 48#@28"
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 49@28
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 52#@28
Wengerd Ibex 58" 50#@28

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
I'm down with the good hot cup of coffee and some great conversation .

God bless you all, Steve

Offline DarkTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
Blanton's is a good one but if you're at the cabin its hard to go wrong.  Enjoy!

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
Brought 2 bottles of Tullamore dew to a party once and all the other whiskey remained untouched till the dew was gone.
Tom

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by onewhohasfun:
Brought 2 bottles of Tullamore dew to a party once and all the other whiskey remained untouched till the dew was gone.
:bigsmyl:
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »
Hard to go wrong with Makers, Woodford, Basil Haydens. After trying them all over the last few years. Those are solid store bought brands.
 Thinking I was pretty much knowing most of what a casual sipper would need to know about bourbon, I was surprised to have developed a taste for something different. lately I have found that un-barreled corn whiskey, properly done, highly distilled but still maintaining a sipping quality and a wonderful corn smell with a hint of sweetness is far superior to any store bought bourbon.  Just hold a jar up to the sun. It will put a smile on your face. The stuff has many names. And there is a lot of variance in the flavor and style. Find the right stuff and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I'm starting to think that people started putting whiskey in barrels because it wasn't well made and needed some help. (stuff you think of while sipping clear corn whiskey).
Note - most trendy liquor store moonshines aren't great. A lot of them can't be called corn whiskey by definition of the law. I did discover a corn whiskey that is actually called Shine X or XXX or something like that. From a distiller in Philly. Disguised with that Shine name and in an ugly bottle that cheapens it's appearance, it is actually really good, it's way towards the sweet corn side of the spectrum, even almost smells buttery. Great for sipping. It's pot distilled so it retains a lot of corn flavors.
Nothing like a sip of the clear stuff on the porch of the hunting camp.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 06:11:00 PM »
wow,  I am thinking this is gonna be an expensive week end !

Jerry, I have been cigar clean for around a year.  My doctor keeps harping on my my former one a week habit and I am trying to be a good boy.  Not certain why.

Of course, I am also of the opinion that I have just so many days left on this earth (too bad we can't cheat and get that answer ahead of time) and  why should I go thru the rest of my life being a good boy !  That's no fun.

A group from the office used to get together for parties and numerous times did blind taste tests.
We all agreed that scotch was a very acquired taste and the taste variations were huge between the various makers.

Regarding whiskeys, believe it or not, the blind taste testing for neat whisky found Canadian Club the winner, over many of the top shelf whiskies named.

That said, I would still like to try the named suggestions that I have not yet tasted.

Thanks for the input !
ChuckC

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »
Can't go wrong with Jimmy Beam Black and Arturo Fuentes.  If you spring for the Basil Haydens Ron Laclair may make the pilgrimage from Shrewhaven, lol!  Chuck, one a week is not a habit, to quote CM Sackett "it's what separates us from the savages". My God man, you need to find another doctor!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
Jack and ginger for me.  Remember sitting on my porch of my small cottege in the Adirondacks with an old fishing friend from South Carolina and talking about dogs while we drank Jack Black with gingerale.  Needed a new dog.  He advised getting a dog large enough that you could sit on the porch and not be embarrased.

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2014, 04:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by Pointer:
Some Jack Daniel's Single Barrel would do it
Though I don't drink much anymore, I always thought this stuff was smooth, and felt like a high roller when I was drinkin' it.

Regular ol' Jack Daniel's reminds me of sippin' around the campfire with my dad....just pass the flask and tell another dirty joke. Lol.

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
Hot tea  with a splash of tinks 69.  But I have to watch out when I pee!
Dan Breen

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2014, 12:18:00 AM »
I prefer Midnight Moon Blackberry Moonshine or good home made. It's 100 proof but smooth as branch water. As far as a bourbon Jim Beam Devils Cut is mighty good. Wishing you a good time!
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2014, 01:07:00 AM »
Sipping on some Gin and enjoying a Macanudo...nothing better when I want to relax and think about the Good Old Days...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Buckeeboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
Gimme a glass of American Honey on the rocks, or even smoother, Angels Envy(sp) the one finished in Caribbean Rum Casks. Mmmmmmmm

Offline RookieBwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
I am with Buckeeboy... Either American or Tennessee Honey for me is easy sipping.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -Frank Clark

Voodoostik 58" 50@28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©