3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: No bears BUT  (Read 395 times)

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: No bears BUT
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
Awesome photo. Awesome animal. Be a great trophy as well.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »
Great pic.  I went on a Manitoba Bear hunt in 2008 and in one week I had 6 Wolf sightings and 1 bear sighting.  I remember the Wolves much more than the bear.  Had 2 at less than 20 yds for about 2-3 minutes and what amazing animals they are.  Our remaining party of 6 never had one Wolf sighting.  I was totally blessed to see Wolves almost every time I sat.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »

Offline pinky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
I recently saw a portion of a documentary(?name?) on a PBS station that looked at the decline in Elk numbers in Yellowstone park. From what i can recall the study found calf numbers down and tied it in part to increased bear predation.  the bears' food source of cutthroat trout numbers and location has changed ...tied into climate change. How ever, I have seen several sets of wolf tracks and was even fortunate enough to hear a long distant howl up at Elk camp over the last several years. The elk seam to be more scarce than they were in the early 90s. Wolves, maybe?  Elk camp is ...? - a long ways from Yellowstone.    ;)
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)RC
Trails End     (Good Medicine) RC
Selway (Lil Shooter) LB
Aspen (Elite) LB

Public Land Hunter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©