3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Saskatchewan Traditional Black Bear Hunt  (Read 1370 times)

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Saskatchewan Traditional Black Bear Hunt
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
Good luck.It sounds like you have some good options.If you hunt that same spot next year,that sow will be kicking those cubs off and coming in to heat,so she should be pulling some nice boars in there.

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
At about 8:00 I could here some smashing in the bush to the south.  It was so noisy I thought I must be a moose or elk.  At 8:20 A bear showed up, but the noise did not stop.  Mom and three cubs, I thought this was great, until.....they came right in, mom must have caught a little wind and woofed, the lead cub now decided the tree next to mine was the one to climb. The other two cubs stayed about 30 yards away. Mom was upset, I sat still until the cub was down and I talked them away.  About 25 minutes later she ( cubs stayed about 40 meter out) was back, I new she was in for the night so about 9:00 I tried to scare them off a little to get down.  She stayed!  I had to get down with her 17 yards away, she just watched. Well the last night on the stand and finally some excitement.  If the pattern stays true pumpkin head will be there at noon tomorrow and the other boar in the afternoon. why could this not have happened one or two days earlier. ( we will see what the trail says.)  Had to leave everything so will report as my final post ( re: 2014 baiting) when I pick up the stand, barrel and trail cam.  Got some good video tonight, will try to load it up.

Now S and S at the ranch, should be good dandelions are at their peak.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
here are the last of the trail cam pictures.  would have kept hunting interesting if I saw some of this on stand.

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
Hey Ol buddy ,don't depair,you played the game,thats what its all about.I always said my best seasons were the ones I never got anything.Just like Doug Borland use to say" As a traditional bowhunter, all we ask for is a possibility "
Wow ,what a Spud that last fella is.Looks like he ate Oprah !
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my hunt but really enjoy seeing stuff when I'm out, even if I don't get a shot or even if the animal is not what I'm hunting.

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
Enjoyed the story - thanks for sharing and for the pics. Makes me want to be out there.  :)   Todd   :archer:
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©