3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: a STOS broadhead that made me go hmmmmm  (Read 340 times)

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
a STOS broadhead that made me go hmmmmm
« on: September 21, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
First off let me say I have absolutely nothing bad to say about STOS broadheads. I got some in a trade with wudstix. I put took them out of the pack and one felt noticably lighter to me. I though "fig newton of your imagination" and just saw which adapters fit them best. Well it was nagging me and just then I heard the mail arrive. I went to check it and the digital grain scale I won off of that notorious auction site for a great deal was in the mail box. I got it out of the box, put batteries in it and calibrated it. Then still considering the serendipity of the timely arrival of the scale I weighed all the broadheads. 5 were within 3 grains(all under) of the 160 grains listed on the package. The last on was 146 grains. I was floored that I could feel a 15 grain difference. However I am a little concerned that in a pact of 160s there was one that was the next weight class down. Have you guys ever actually weighed your broadheads?
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Glenn Carl

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: a STOS broadhead that made me go hmmmmm
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
I weigh all my Stinger and Simmons heads and they have all been within 2 - 3 grains of the advertised weight. The Stingers were all right on 125 grains. I think you probably just got a miss packaged head. Glenn
"This is cool"  My 7 year old son Ian after shooting his new youth bow built from Elk Ninja's build-along

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
I weigh every one. Every now and then, I do have a stos that I can't spin straight or has some flaw....I saved them up, sent them back and they replace them with perfect, brand new heads. Along with a letter of apology I might add.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
I weight every one also. Hap

Offline Brutus Hedgeapple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
The last batch of Magnus 2 blades I bought all weighed EXACTLY the same outta the package. I figured there would be a few grains difference, BUT....

B

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 12:40:00 AM »
My last 2 packages of 125 grain Zwickey Eskimos were all +2 to +5 grains.

RonP

PS, I don't shoot well enough to tell, I just wanted to put the heavier broadheads with the lighter shafts, etc.  I don't think the difference amounts to anything, but it was fun being anal retentive about it!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©