3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Two Tracks Prototype Flatbow  (Read 129 times)

Offline bisket

• Trad Bowhunter
Two Tracks Prototype Flatbow
« on: May 11, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »
I saw this in the sponser classifieds last week and knowing Chuck's talent as a Bowyer I contacted him.  We set up a time on thursday morning where I could drive over and try it out.  It was a nice smooth shooter and it had a slightly dished grip that I really liked.  So it came home with me.

I found some time the last 3 days to spend some time shooting it.  I have to say it has really grown on me.  The grip is simple but consistant for me.  I tuned it rather quickly with my same go to 2117's cut to 31 inches with 175 grains up front.  It really liked them.  And also put on a SBD 8 strand which smoothed it out even more.  A tuned really quiet bow with a happy brace height made for a very fun bow to shoot.  

The spec's are 54#'s at 28".  I draw 29.5 inches and it is right about 60#'s and stays smooth out to my anchor.  A small thump on release and a quick flight to target followed by another thump with authority.  I shot it side by side with my Two Tracks Longwalker that Chuck made for me last year and at least to my eye I did not see any real difference in speed.  They seemed very comparable and that Longwalker is fast.  The flatbow was not quite as smooth on release as the longwalker but still very much enjoyable.

The camo paint job is very prototype as you can follow in Chuck's thread on the sponsers classifieds of how this came to be:
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=48;t=002462

Here are some pic's I snapped with the iphone today:
  ]web page[/URL]

]web page[/URL]

Notice a nock missing of the top arrow?
]web page[/URL]  

And here is my 8 year old Gabe trying it out..
  ]web
page[/URL]  

Well, with the custom camo paint job and the groups of arrows I am able to already put together with this bow ... this stealth flatty is gonna be my go to turkey and whitetail hunting bow.  To each his own...but I am glad to call this one my own.  I may put a leather grip on it yet, but otherwise I can not think of anything other that I would do to it.  Oh, except put Chuck's wool silencer's on this string.  Love them too.

Thanks again Chuck for putting out bows that flat out shoot.     :clapper:  
-Mark
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Two Tracks Prototype Flatbow
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 06:10:00 AM »
I saw that bow. I sort of liked it when it was red. I would have scooped it up if it had been a 64" bow. I also have a Longwalker,and really like it. Congratulations on the new bow!

Offline DaddyPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Two Tracks Prototype Flatbow
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »
No hijack intended but I really, really want to spray paint my Super K now!  I love this look.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©