3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hammock Seat (thoughts??)  (Read 387 times)

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
Hammock Seat (thoughts??)
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:57:00 PM »
How many use the hammock seat? Been wanting to try one for awhile. Anyone have one they do not like? If so, then why???

Offline flinthead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hammock Seat (thoughts??)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 05:38:00 AM »
The most comfortable seat around that does not weigh a ton. Have a Bull seat and it is OK but too heavy. It weighs almost nothing in the backpack. Not cheap. Thanks, Roy
Maybe it is time to shoot what I have on the rack

Offline Maxx Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »
I've had one for a couple years,and found it a very simple way to a comfortable day of hunting.
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Offline skunkhound

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
I recently picked one up, and can't wait to try it in the woods. Very comfy and manuvreable. Light and easy to pack too.

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
I love mine. I even carry mine when I'm hunting tree stands. It gives me an immediate plan B if the wind shifts or something else unexpected happens with game movement.

I've heard two complaints: fabric is noisy, and pole is made out of metal. In my experience it's plenty quiet once you set it up right, and if you pack it up with the metal bar inside the fabric it won't rattle in your pack when you are moving.

Just practice setting it up a few times in the yard and seeing how high you like it, etc and you'll be fine.
Thom

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
I'm with Thom. I tried his at deer camp last year and ran out and bought one of my own. Used it quite a bit when I was able to force my butt to get out of bed and go out into the sub-zero weather we had this last year. Also used it with a (can't say the word on here, but it goes bang)the opening day of firearms season with my son. Once I found the most comfortable height, it sets up in nothing flat and gives me more comfort and flexibility than anything else I've tried. Goes up and takes down with no hassle and is the easiest thing in the world to carry.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
I bought one last year and used it in Colorado elk hunting as well as in Wisconsin for deer.  I agree with everything already said including that the fabric is a bit noisy.  I don't know what fabric could be used that wouldn't be too stretchy and still be soft and durable.  Once you are settled in the fabric is a non-issue.  I don't have a problem with the metal pole and just carry it wrapped up in the fabric.  All in all a real nice, light and comfortable seat.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline CLOVIS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
where do you get one?

Offline skunkhound

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
I got mine from Woodswalker Archery supplies.  http://www.woodswalkerarchery.net/

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
I got mine from Steve at Simply Traditional (sponsor.)
Thom

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »
I did not care for the seat material - for me (a quiet fanatic) it makes way to much noise.  I had one made out of 1/16 inch netting material - very similar to heavy duty laundry bag mesh- and camoflauged it - best seat out there now.
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline silent sniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
I love mine. As others have said it is lightweight and easy to carry. You can swivel enough to get a shot almost 280 degrees around you , much better than any solid non swiveling seat. Definetly a great seat for the money.  Plus it's very comfortable once you find your ideal height. Enjoy SS

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »
Good seat. Very comfortable. Easy to set up. Seat Can be noisy when you move. I shot my turkey sitting in one this year with the gun but did not have to move to shoot. I think the seat noise could be a factor when bowhunting and shooting close range. I still like it and may try something like Dave did to make quieter.
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
Since the noise keeps coming up. I usually wear wool and it's very quiet. Also I put a foam pad in the bottom so I can sleep comfortably. Er I mean hunt comfortably. I did notice when I was wearing a certain set of camouflage clothing I made more noise when I moved.

Even with this chat about the material, I know it's much quieter than 3 out of 3 other styles of chairs I've used in the past that occasionally squeaked when I moved.
Thom

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
Love mine.  Wish I would have had one years ago.
Very comfy. Very portable.  Very quick and easy to set up.
I take it fishing, deer hunting, hog hunting, turkey hunting, and when just going to camp to hang out and cookout.  Just throw it in your pack or truck and it is there when you need it.  Takes up very little room.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »
Just noticed one on the St Jude auction.

I have a bad back and this seat is one of the few I am comfortable in, I really like mine.

Offline Caranthir

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
Guys, I don't know what kind of hammock seat you are referring to that is so noisy and has a metal post. I found the Ez Hunter Sit Drag last year and it's "Da Bomb" You can check it out yourself at  www.sitd*****om  Rich

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
I have had one for about four years, and I love mine. Just learn how to set it up how you like it, and you will love it! Easily the best hunting seat I have ever used.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline frankwright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
I have been using mine for two years.
I don't have any problem with noise or the metal pole. I wrap everything around the pole and stuff it in the sack when carrying it.
If I have any problem with the seat it is staying awake.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©