3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St Jude Auction Item  (Read 276 times)

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
St Jude Auction Item
« on: May 22, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
This year I decided to try something a little different.  If it works out, I may repeat it; if not, well hopefully the kids will benefit anyway.

I decided to offer $500 toward the bow of your choice, either from any of our sponsors or from any of the bows listed in the classifieds.  You'll see this in bid forum #2.

On the face of it, this may not make much sense.  I could have just sent a check to St Judes for $500, and maybe it will turn out that that's what I should have done.

However, it occurred to me that there are probably some bowyers who are sponsors and some people who have bows for sale who would like to contribute to St Judes, but maybe not as much as a whole bow.  So my deal is that I'll contribute $500 toward the cost of a bow, provided the seller of the bow also agrees to reduce the price of his bow by 10% for the winner of this auction.  My hope is that if a seller is willing to reduce the price of a bow to the winner of this auction item by 10% or more, it will encourage people to bid higher than they would if only the $500 alone was offered.

No seller is obligated to participate in this deal.  No seller is obligated to limit his discount to the winner to 10%.  If a seller is willing to discount by more than 10%, maybe bidders will bid higher and more will go to St Judes.  The only catch is that I'm only willing to send $500 to a seller who agrees to participate by offering a 10% (or more) discount to the winner of this auction item.  Who knows, maybe you'll be able to sell a bow to someone who wouldn't otherwise have bought a bow, because the feeling of buying a bow and contributing to St Judes will motivate someone more than just buying a bow alone would.  At least, I hope that's the way it will work.

I would caution bidders not to expect to get a 10% discount on a bow, or my $500, unless they confirm with a seller that he is willing to participate.  Or, sellers can let people know that they are willing to participate by responding to this post or to my post in the auction.

On a larger scope, I hope the auction is a great success for everyone who participates, and ends up being a great benefit for St Judes, an organization deserving of support from all of us.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: St Jude Auction Item
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
Sounds like you are doing a lot for the kids $500.00 off a bow with a little forgiving from a seller seems great to me!!!!   :notworthy:    :notworthy:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 06:24:00 PM »
Thanks, Dave, for the creative and generous donation to the St. Jude's Auction!  Knowing St. Jude's Sponsors like I do, I would say that this should not be any problem.

It constantly amazes me the generosity that trad archers have for others - those among their own ranks and those in need!!!

:notworthy:    :clapper:
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
AGAIN!!!

:notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©