3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: opinions on bow quivers  (Read 364 times)

Offline 2bird

• Trad Bowhunter
opinions on bow quivers
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
Never have used them before, always used a back or target belt quiver.

in your opinion does a bow mounted quiver interfere with your shooting, tuning? might sound like a dumb question but I have no idea...

I would like to put one on my Samick SLB longbow to make it easier carrying my tree stand in and out of the woods, any thoughts or suggest any type or brand of bow quiver?
Vegetarians are cool, I eat them with every meal!

Offline D.J. Carr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: opinions on bow quivers
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
When I shoot with a quiver on my bow its shoots differently, its not the bow its me, the added weight I assume or a difference in balance. I use a Kwikee and take it off once I am at the stand.  I have started practicing with a quiver on and am now proficient with a quiver on, but I still shoot better without one.
An archer tries to find ways to shoot further more accurately, a bowhunter tries to get as close as possible to ensure his shot is accurate.

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
Have tried bow quivers and don't care for them.  They change the weight and balance too much for my tastes.  Also, it is a hunting device but it needs to be mounted with arrows for practice.  Have been using a belt quiver but am switching to a plains Indian style.  I know the back quiver is very trad, but I rarely leave camp without a day pack and they just don't seem compatible with the pack.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline Joe2Crow

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »
I like a bow quiver because of the extra weight it puts on the right side of the bow (I'm right handed). When I miss, it's often to the left so I'll take a little help keeping my bow arm from swinging left on release. I know, I know - back tension. My favorite longbow quiver is the Great Northern strap on quiver. It is quick to put on and take off and is absolutely quiet. It only holds 5 arrows (4 comfortably) but that should be enough anyway.

Offline 2bird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
D.J you have a good point that I can use it to carry into the woods but once i'm in the stand just take it off. I will just have to try one and if it dont like shooting with it on i can just take it off, Thanks Guys!!
Vegetarians are cool, I eat them with every meal!

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
You could skip all of the above and get a 'side' quiver.  Try an Arrowmaster or Bowmate Elite  ;)
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »
I use a EFA bow quiver.  Only put it on when I am hunting.  Never noticed any difference shooting with it on or off, just adds a little weight to the bow.  Hunting elk on the move, a bow quiver is the only option for me.  But even treestand hunting whitetails I still just use my bow quiver.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
My Dual Arc quiver actually helped me to tune my bow so that it's balance and handling was better for hunting in my opinion.  I'll never hunt without it again.  Before I tried the Kanati, I never was much a fan of them.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
Once at a shoot Karen Ward told me EFA quivers were for folks that dont like bow quivers. It didn't make complete sense until I tried one out. She was right. I'll never hunt without on now. I'm still an advocate for Kwikee because I've shot them all my life and they do break down and store well in my extra stand bracket. Dont be afraid to venture into a bow quiver I wish I had done it earlier.

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
I don't notice any difference.  I like a bow quiver, but sometimes, and with some bows, I just prefer to leave it off.  I like the added weight, and the natural cant that it gives to the bow.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©