3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What do you keep all your stuff in?  (Read 604 times)

Offline Oregon Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
What do you keep all your stuff in?
« on: September 22, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
I'm guessing a lot of guys just use a fishing tackle box to store their points, strings, wax, wrenches etc. What works for you? Also, how to you store your broadheads to keep them from jostling against each other and dulling the blades?

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What do you keep all your stuff in?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
I started using a pencil box with some soft pliable foam taped to the top and bottom to keep them from moving around.

The blades still dull a little, something I don't think you can eliminate entirely, but a few strokes from a sharpening stick or file bring them back quick.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »
For small "stuff" I use the small rubbermaid storage bins/drawer type. For my broadheads (Zwickey) I just put them back in the factory package holding it closed with a rubber band. This way they can't touch each other or jostle around.

The big "stuff" fills two closets and my bow room. Yes, this is a sickness...

John
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »
My daughter got me an archery gear box a couple years ago for Christmas it is just the ticket for everything including foam blocks for your broadheads.  It is made by Flambeau outdoor products.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
Im in the process of creating an archery room in my basement. Up to this point I have used a fishing box, old shoe boxs, military type ammo cans. It is much easier to find stuff when ya need it if it is all located within the same area....
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
"STUFF" ... My wife says I got too much STUFF! ... When she is angry at me she tells me to... "Go Downstairs And Sleep With All Your Archery Stuff!!!" I'm so glad I have an archery/hunting stuff room.

... mike ...   :jumper:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline tomahawk953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
i love the smell of my bows in the morning

Online ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
I took an old ammo can and cut a two by to fit snugly in it,spaced lines of holes drilled the right size for my broadheads to fit in then in the center put in a 1/4" boltabout 6" long to pull the board and broadheads out.Then cut a piece of plexiglass to go over the bolt to protect your hands when you pull the board with the broadheads out of the box. It also makes a handy place to keep your stone,steel and files in the same box.The plexiglass sets on the point of the broadheads and keeps them from bouncing out and the ammo can seals keeping any moisture from getting to your sharpened heads.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline -Achilles-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
I started out with a small archery box from walmart...now im up to a big fishing tacklebox...holds everything...2 fletchers...different kinds of strings points you name it

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
I also started with a tackle box.

Now I have a hole room for bowhunting.

To keep broadheads even when traveling (I usually bring a couple extras), I insert them in a hunk of foam and this fits nicely in my arrow case (the rectangle plastic type).  The foam is pulled from packaging boxes (not the white styrofoam type but plastic squishy type, sorry for the bad desciption  :D ).

I also have the pull out drawers, for glues, tools, serving material, extra tabs and arm guards, silencers etc.

I dont keep my feild points in there though.  I've sorted them out into those brown plastic tubs butter comes in.  They sit on the shelf below the draws which is an easy grab while building, sitting in the chair, just reach over, pop the lid (if it's on lol) grab what you need and go.

I have a desk with a cabinet up top.  One side has nothing but fletching jigs.  The right side has other stuff, quivers, tripods and goofy things I couldnt find any other place for.   On top is my string jig, string material, feather burner, more stuff (turkey call material cut up in boxes ready to be built), antlers, turkey fans and of course, a radio.  To the right and left of the desk is a book shelf.  One actually has books, the other is dedicated to the pull out draws, some water based dipping paints I used to use, heads and the bottom is set aside for articles I find interesting, I'll save to word, print out and put in a folder in a bin on this bottom shelf.  

You'd think this room is organized, it's probably the least organized place in the house.  Just not enough room!!!!!   Or maybe it's I just have too much crap  ;)

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
You mean I'm supposed to keep everything in one place?????
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
I have a Small Tackle Box for My Paints and Brushes, I have a LARGER Tackle Box for Feathers, Wraps, Leather Tools,etc.
  And a 24 or bigger Metal Organizer Box with all the Little Clear Drawers for just about everything Else.
  Since I am Single, I have a Kitchen Table Full to Overflowing with "Stuff" I call it My "Creation Station" everyone else says Junk Pile, ugh, The Peasants.  :thumbsup:    :archer:    :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
Plastic tool box with one removable tray for some stuff, feathers, etc., and the rest gets stored in old 3Rivers boxes, labeled as to what they contain and stacked on a shelf.

RonP

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
What do you keep all your stuff in?....

....the garage!

Yep it starts with a tackle box, then a small rubber maid, then a shelf above the work bench.....etc.

But the bandsaw, the belt sander, the drill press, etc I bought to build a bow just won't fit on that darn shelf!!!  :goldtooth:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
Basement here.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
i started with a tackle box...now my "STUFF" fills a big assed room in my basement.   :scared:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
Every where in the house.  The discussion about it has been a long going one  :rolleyes:   It is a good thing that bowhunting stuff is important stuff!   :thumbsup:
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
Spare bedroom for all my bowhunting STUFF
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline jbb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
I used to keep my small supply of equipment in a tacklebox, then Dachba sends me this huge box of stuff in trade for a bow.  About half of my garage is covered with all the stuff now.

Offline BMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
I keep most of my stuff in two old dressers down in the basement. When I go on a weekend hunt most of the essential gear goes into an old waxed cardboard bottled beer box I've had since college.

Bill
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society
Prairie Traditional Archers
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©