3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hey Watch that gator over there while I kill this Frog...  (Read 661 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hey Watch that gator over there while I kill this Frog...
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by South MS Bowhunter:
Doc Nock

Your nickname would fit right in with us Southern boys and you could be an honorary member of the F.R.O.G team.  We'd make you the dedicated scribe      :readit:  
WEll, now... that would be a HONOR I'd wear proudly... alas, I'm skert of snakes and gators, too!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
Come on Doc you know you want to     :goldtooth:  

Chris,

What we look for are dead lakes off the river, Oxbows that fill up during the river flood stage but have no inlet or outlet. We have used Google to locate these in the local WMA's.  Any body of water without a current or very little has the potential to hold frogs.

The frog will lay there eggs here and grow and mature.  We also look for food sources, here it is mainly craw fish, much like patterning deer or any other animal, find water, food and cover.

These big frogs from what I have researched are at least 5 years old. The Google searches on their life cycle stated that it takes 5 years for the bullfrog to reach mating maturity and they can live to be 8 to 13 years old.

We have not been able to get back into our main honey hole due to the extremely wet spring and high water levels in the swamp.  Once we do I will be able to see if we have had a big negative impact on their population.

If so we will have to find new waters and give these areas a rest.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Tradtical Commando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 12:09:00 AM »
Wow, no kidding! I had no idea that they could be near that age!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Yea,  you're right, John, I DO want to... but now that I got the time, no travel money...but it would be a flippin HOOT to just be around you guys...

Talk about a "tenderfoot" among the unwashed...that would be ME!  I can see no end to the possibilities of pranks played on one poor dumb Yankee!     :rolleyes:      :knothead:  

I'm sure there are many versions of our local "snipe hunt" shenanigans in the S'uthin repertoire!     :laughing:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
Chris,

I failed to answer part of your questions.  As for the time, we prefer to go at night and usually it is soon after sunset, but to me it seems that things don't really get coaking  :D  till around 10:00 pm or later.

Our normal time out is about 3 hours due to my buds being old and can't handle the extreme conditions required to be a F.R.O.G team member.  And that is another reason why I'm the Ultimate Supreme leader of the team  :rolleyes:  

Doc,

Now we country boys would not subject you northern tendfoots to any shenanigan’s  due to frogging is a tough sport to take up, and we alway say that "You have to be Tough to be a F.R.O.G team member!

Offline Tradtical Commando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
OK, thank you sir

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by South MS Bowhunter:
Doc,

Now we country boys would not subject you northern tendfoots to any shenanigan’s  due to frogging is a tough sport to take up, and we alway say that "You have to be Tough to be a F.R.O.G team member!
yeah, yeah, yeah... I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, John! Only difference tween a Yankee and a DAX@ Yankee is one sticks around longer!

Course, if'n ya'll want to hear a 6'2" 200# male scream like a girl, just yell SNAKE!

I was chest deep in a trout stream fly fishing when a water snake (good size) headed right for me... thinking like he might want to crawl in my waders...

I snicked him behind the neck sticking outa the water as he swam with my glass rod tip, and broke his neck...and my buds say at that I actually levitated and walked on water to the bank and proceeded upstream a half mile!     :eek:   I think they exaggerated!     :rolleyes:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
:biglaugh:     :laughing:  Doc, frogging is a relatively safe sport  its just that no one told the swamp critters!

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2014, 11:17:00 PM »
The other white meat!

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 07:09:00 AM »
Looks like chicken!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Heading out in a few minutes, Warren want to go, he seen our last batch and it stirred him up   :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©