3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ? for Bear users.  (Read 253 times)

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
? for Bear users.
« on: June 02, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Just wondering what sort of interest is out there for Bear to offer some of their models in a clear glass version. Gangers as a whole seem to prefer it to colored glass. Now I know colored glass is some of what makes a Bear a Bear but they could stay in production while offering this new version.

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ? for Bear users.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »
Oh I would like that, that would be very cool. I would also like to see them offer more models from the past like the Kodiak Hunters or the 67-69 Super Kodiak.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
I wouldn't count on it.Clear glass is a pain for a bowyer due to flaws,milky spots etc,sometimes whole batches are bad.It would be a nightmare for a large production facility like Bear and they've had enough growing pains as it is,getting this traditional thing going.It does sound like they are getting a handle on it.

Vintage works offers several models that can incorporate clear glass and your choice of woods and they are nice and not much difference in price from the Bears.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
I would not be interested in any Bears with clear glass.  In fact, I have migrated away from clear glass for the most part.  I just feel that the colored glass has more of the traditional look I grew up loving.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »
I used to order all of my bows in with clear glass. I have actually ordered the last several custom bows in with just plain black or brown glass. I just seem to like it better.  On a Bear, I just don't think they would look the same with clear glass.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
Clear glass looks good with a gloss finish. Most want a dull finish which really does not do the veneers justice. So it might as well be black or other color limbs. Besides, clear glass over plain maple lams would be just plain looking.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©