3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator velocity  (Read 149 times)

Offline ursusmajor

• Trad Bowhunter
Predator velocity
« on: June 06, 2014, 03:06:00 PM »
Anyone have experience with this riser and its performance?  Thanks in advance.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Predator velocity
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Check out Blackie Schwartz' website.  Back when his reports were published in Trad Bowhunter, i believe the Predator was one of the fastest bows he tested.

Offline ursusmajor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
I've seen that.  I've never had a machined riser bow before and I don't know that the proprietary limb design would be as practical as an ILF rig.  But I would like to support my local guys.

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 02:50:00 AM »
We were robbed last year and I had my predator 'Impact' stolen.  This was the best Recurve bow I have ever had - after owning over 20 custom bows in as many years.  I don't know why, but they aren't even shown on the Hunter's Niche site WT#????  It uses the same Predator limbs but the riser is impregnated ash or something and the limb angle is different, which gives a lower brace height and noticeably faster arrow over the normal Predator.

Anyway, I managed to track down a new 'Impact' at the same dealer here in Auss.  I paid for it last week and it should be here any day now.   The wait is killing me, because these are by far the best recurve in the business.

Whilst on the phone with the dealer. I was asking him about the Velocity, and he reckons it is even better than the new 'Impact'.  He said, as the dealer, he can shoot any bow he wishes, but he said the Velocity is his personal hunting bow and the bow his son also shoots.

The wonderful thing is with this system, all the limbs and risers are interchangeable.  In the future, I can just jump on 3rivers website and buy the velocity riser, and I can whack the limbs off my 'Impact' on it and I have a 'new' bow.  I will post some pics on here of my new 'Impact' when she arrives.

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©