3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Quest 8, READY TO RUMBLE!!  (Read 1807 times)

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Quest 8, READY TO RUMBLE!!
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »
Looking forward to the 2nd week report.  Those "gator bites" look good!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »
That all probably killed bears by Tuesday and have been fishing since then.

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
Yep, just taking it easy. No baiting to do, no nothing after they got done with the skinning, LOL. Im starting to figure out what these second week guys are up to,lol.

Offline oldgoat

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
Ed, don't tell all! The cleanup crew should be headed to Toms today I think. Wil. Be glad to hear the rest of the story. FYI  I heard a rumor that. Don Ward has  4 new bangers and is home and doing OK.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »
Looking forward to more bear stories.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed eating the gator as much as my kids and I enjoyed shooting them.  :)

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
I am looking forward to them too.  They haven't even thrown us a teaser. And thanks for the gator Terry.  It was delicious.

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
The Gator was awesome!! I know they killed one bear, but thats about all I know. I Don't even know who got it.

Offline Ryman Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
Truly don't know what to say other than still in aw over the past 2nd week. I had my chances stayed on the long trail where Rons big one came off and it was very intersting to say the least especially when I thought one was going to stick his head in my blind. He was only about 4 feet away after he was trowning down logs and wuffing at me for a while before he had enough and came to look in almost. As he went by me I tried to draw and shoot and the string ever so gently rubbed my shirt I could barley hear but he sure did looked back and was gone before I got it back. Talk about being rattled and having to make a shot.LOL

2 others I missed arrow sailed over the backs as the upper limb hit my blind twice that sucked better than a wound which one I did and not recoverd. Great guys great place plenty of bears a real trip I was hooked after the first bear came in. I didn't attempt to shoot because he was rubbed when I realized I should have. It was a real learning experiance. 2 bears shot and not recoverd and 1 bear taken by Jeff from Va. Zacks dad. Real great guys and heck of a spot. Many bears turned down or presented no shots. Wonderfull trip.

Cat

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
Ryman Cat   Ron mentioned that the boar was folowing a sow with no cubs and almost as large as his bear.Maybe she was upset that her man was no longer around.

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
Sounds like you had a lot of action. Nothing like being close to those critters.

Offline Ryman Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
I don't know but it was a beauty as well that bear I did want nice coat and fairly good size that must have been the sow only saw that bear 2 times. I ended up shooting patchs after missing him 1 other time that night when he first came in thats when bow hit the top of the blind on release. I tried to stay focused so much was going on all the time they had me half nuts?LOL

The one I ended wounding I drew down on him a total of 7 times and had to let off. No one can tell me again a bear is dumb.LOL

He took the barrel placed it in front of him between us so he was protected and blocked and could look towards my blind. I thought you SOB I'm going to drive one through your chest you sit up again like that it was peek aboo games for a while then he was ready to leave and up the trail he started was standing quartering and I thought there it is and I mis timed it and hit him in the back leg. I figuired now I have a problem in the dark too it was to dark to see now? LOL
It wasn't so funny then though wondering what to do next to get out of there quitely enough not to push him any further had he been near by maybe. Next day we looked for him he left with the arrow finally after 450 he pulled the arrow out and we lost the blood but was bleeding pretty good following the blood for a ways Tom and Larry and Jay were tracking straight up.

I'm hooked plainly see how you can get like this on bears. I was amazed being that close learned a lot about them in just a couple days.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »
Great adventures guys,  I am looking forward to more Tales from this camp.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »
Another Great Trip to La Tuque! As usual Tom and Zack did a heck of a job! Sure missed that old scrounge Bowdoc! I started out on the Glove for the first two nights. Just saw a smaller sow and a Boo Boo Bear each night. Moved over to the Cove. We had a really good bear on Trail cam that was coming in after 10 pm. No matter what we did we just couldn't convince him to come in any earlier. Heard him convince a smaller boar that those were his donuts, one night. Had the smaller boar come in, but the big boy just refused to. Moved over to the HIllbilly for the last night since we had some really good bears on trail Cam over there. But again, just Boo Boo showed up. Just seemed like I was in the wrong place at the wrong time! Had a great time tracking a couple of hit bears, seemed like halfway back to La Tuque, but they just quit leaking. really enjoyed camp with Tom, Zack, Glenn, Jay and Jeff. Couldn't ask for better hunting companions! Too bad Jeff was the only one who seemed to manage to kill a bear! Congrats Jeff, well done.
  Can't wait until next year, come on BQ 9, Bring it on!

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2014, 06:03:00 PM »
We had the same issue at the cove.  We couldn't catch him at the right time.  We had him coming in the daylight but it was in the morning.  

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
It's a yearly treat to read these stories. Sure brings back some good memories! Congrats to all, whether you brought a Bear home or not.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
You're right Whip.  I've always loved this thread. I hunted BQ 6 and it was one of....I not THEE best hunt I've ever been on.  I've been trying to get back there, hopefully I'll be able to make BQ 10. Congratulations to all on a great hunt!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
Here is another trail cam pic.  This one was from the blowdown.  I am pretty sure this is the bear that came home with me.

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2014, 07:34:00 AM »
Cool shot Nate.

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2016, 09:56:00 PM »
Been a long wait but my Bear Quest 8 bear is finally here, The unboxing and in his place in the man cave. There will probably be some fine tuning but he is in there,lol.

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2016, 10:06:00 PM »
Very cool!  

I used to think I just wanted a rug, but my best friend also did a full mount, and now I'm not sure which direction I would go.

Thanks for sharing!
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©