3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any recovering bow-a-holics?  (Read 726 times)

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any recovering bow-a-holics?
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 07:16:00 AM »
Nope.......not recovered..

Last count 24 or 25 can't remember....I will go for 5-6 months and think I am in good shape, then it happens, bought two this week.....oh well there are worse vices.....   :help:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2014, 07:36:00 AM »
For me no money.  It really put a damper on my obsession with changing bows and gave me real perspective on how much I was spending on trading and selling bows.  I was spending money I did not need to be.  I am still struggling today because of the indulgence.  No more for me.  I still look at times and maybe have a thought, but staying with and really shooting one bow has helped with my accuracy and confidence.  After shooting this same bow now for about 7 months, I am really getting dialed in.  I know many of you are collectors and enjoy having lots of bows.  That is cool, just not possible in my situation.  For me actually not being able to afford buying bows has been a blessing.  I try to put any extra I have now, into a hunting trip fund.      :thumbsup:
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Gene R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2014, 08:05:00 AM »
I currently have 17. I just can't imagine selling any of them. Sometimes it's  fun to just sit in the man cave and just look at them. Such beautiful woods, shapes and designs. Not to mention the memories each have. Several are old and of little value so as I see it why sell it. I am going to start giving some of the them away to kids here I can get interested in trad shooting, but just not yet. I I will keep about ten though of my high end bows for my grandsons. They are young still but can't wait to teach them. I know it sounds odd but life would be empty without my friends in there! I guess I have the disease about as bad as It gets!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »
I hate to jinx myself but I think I might be in remission.

I'm not going to say more for fear of upsetting my "apple cart"...lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Chops

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
Wow.... reading through this thread gives me inspiration. I am an aspiring bow-a-holic! I want to try out all of the aforementioned bows.

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
My wife thinks I have a problem...I don't.   :dunno:

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2014, 12:55:00 PM »
I do not have a problem, nope I don't. Just ordered a new Cari-bow Silver Fox from Abe. Gotta always have a bow on order, right.   :banghead:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :laughing:
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
Larry Marshall doesn't have any problems stock piling bows...Stoneknife and I know this for a fact!     :clapper:    :laughing:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline JMartin

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »
I am currently down to 68. I've been up to 84. I know at least two guys that have WAY more bows than me! I love 'em.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
I only have 11 at this time but they are all keepers. 7 Howard Hills, 3 Jeff Massie made "Longhorns", and a Jim Belcher made "Union Jack". Decided last year to reduce draw weight and to stick with these bowyers. My Belcher "Union Jack" is a 66" string follow English style LB, 57@28. Its the heaviest bow I own and could be going back to Jim for a weight reduction in the near future. I'm committed to my HH Archery long bows but, as all bow addicts know, I can fall off the wagon at any time    :campfire:    .

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
3 bows now with one on order. My bows are purchased for $350 or under; the last one for $180 new. I am not into bow perfection. I am many looking for ones that shoot well.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
The thing that messes me up the most is having too much money in my bank account...I just made a deal on a 1400 dollar bow I really do not need...the good thing is I am firmly resolved to sell a couple of bows once I get it...whether that resolve plays out will be the test

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©