3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Glue in/ on nock adapters  (Read 238 times)

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
Glue in/ on nock adapters
« on: June 08, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
Any body tried the nock adapters for carbon arrows?  I'm not crazy about gold tip nocks and seem to have a little nock point tuning required when switching between wood arrows and carbon due to nock thickness if I standardized on one nock I'm thinking that might go away. Tell me your experiences with them.

Online Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Glue in/ on nock adapters
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
I switched from wood to carbon about four years ago, and started using them then.  I use the ones from 3rivers, and have had zero problems.

Also, gives you a little extra length if you have a real long draw like me.

I rough up the inside of the shaft, after cleaning it with rubbing alcohol and q-tips. Then clean the adapter the same way, and glue it in. Clean the outside of the adapter, and glue on  Bohning Classic index nocks. Never had any problems.
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Online 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
I tried them and didn't care for them. Just one more connection to cause nock misalignment two actually two if you count the glue on nock.  I settled for the Bohning classic which I like better than the GT and my woodies and aluminums have the Classic  as well.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »
I use them on carbons. Zero problems, plus I get the advantage of using Bohnong classic nocks. In my opinion, using them helps me make a better arrow.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »
My favorite push-in nock for my standard carbon or Easton uni-bushing is Easton 3D Super nock.They have the largest and deepest throat of those nocks.I use them in my GT,Beman ICS,Carbonwood and CE Heritage.I also make my own strings and serve them to fit these nocks no matter how many strand string I make.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©