3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TradGang and St. Jude's - how did it start?  (Read 237 times)

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TradGang and St. Jude's - how did it start?
« on: June 08, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »
I'm really pleased I was able to participate in the auction this year, and I am blown away by the generosity of the membership of TradGang.  I saw that Terry was posting totals from each forum, and there was a comment that collectively, the auction has raised over $700,000 for St Judes.  That just left me speechless!

I got to wondering about the history of the auction, and how and why it started.  I've viewed so many other forums in the past that don't come close to the sense of brotherhood and friendship found here.  

If any knows the history of this truly unique event, please share it!
>>>----TGMM Family of the Bow----->

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TradGang and St. Jude's - how did it start?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 11:48:00 PM »
I have been curious about this as well.  This is the first time i have participated in the auction.  I think it is awesome and a great cause to support.
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »
I look forward to the auction each year it's a lot of fun and for a great cause......stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 07:41:00 AM »
From this thread by Larry Surtees:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=153;t=000001

Did you know that St. Judes Childrens’ Hospital was chosen by Trad Gang as our charity due to one of our very own – Doug Campbell.

Years ago when Doug’s wife was an Art Teacher in Stockton MO, she had a young student who was diagnosed with cancer and wound up going to St Jude Children’s Research Hospital. She was cured and doing fine last the Campbell’s heard. But during her time at St. Jude’s, the whole school got involved with fund raisers to benefit this wonderful institution and its fine work. In the years that followed the Campbell’s just stayed with it, donating when they could, and always being thankful that their own girls were healthy. But they always knew if it was ever needed they were doing their part to further the research and find cures for childhood cancer and other diseases.

Forward to Trad Gang being created and knowing what a great and generous bunch traditional bowhunters were, Doug thought it just seemed a natural fit to try and bring the two together. He contacted the powers that be at Trad Gang about what the possibility was for having an auction of donated items on the website. Everybody was all for it, and the master internet Guru, Rob DiStefano put the first Auction Forum together, dates were set, and announcements made. Low and behold the members of Trad Gang came thru with flying colors! TG raised something over $24,000 that first year and everybody had a ball. Now here we are preparing for our 6th year and have raised well over $300,000 for St Jude’s. Quoting Doug Campbell, “you have to love and be proud of that, there’s just no way to express how tickled I am for all the incredible generosity over the years.”

Stay tuned tomorrow for ST. JUDES – Did you know (Fact #2).

Thank you

P.S. If you have a St. Judes Fact(s) and would like me to share it with all, please pm me with the details.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
One person may not be able to do it all but one person with a desire to help can make a difference.

Add in each person here that has that same desire.....you can see the results.

:archer:
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
I always enjoy the auction - a great cause, and I feel like I get to know some folks in the Gang better every time.  I got busy with work and didn't follow up on a couple of items I was watching this time - that'll teach me!
Jim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©