3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Double nock points on the bow string?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Flying Dogg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double nock points on the bow string?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
I started using two nock pts.to prevent my arrow from falling to the ground with the bow and arrow hanging on a hook in the treestand. Without an arrow holder the arrow was being blown off the rest in windy conditions. The lower nock pt. will pinch the dangling arrow just enough to keep it from falling. I did not notice any difference in arrow flight.

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
In hunting situation (first arrow missed) ,(adrenalin rush) maybe you can put second arrow below bottom nock point and make failure ? What you think ?
PerunH 60"

Shoot a lot and keep it simple

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
If you make the bottom nock slightly larger than the top nocking point, AND if you practice feeling it with your thumb when you nock an arrow without looking, it becomes quite easy to nock an arrow in a rush with two nocking points.  However, you absolutely need to handle the arrow by the nock. This is easier to do with indexed nocks like Mercuries and Classics.  It is a lot easier to get a hold on that nock if your arrows are in a back quiver.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
Anyone know a great method for tying on knocks that won't unravel or roll itself down the serving?

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
whip_tie_adjustable_nocking_point:  

Actually , when you pull hard both ends , nock stay on place without any chance to move
PerunH 60"

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
Two nock points for me too. I shoot three-under, but why would it make any difference for three-under or split? Once your fingers are off the string it's all the same.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline slim_grim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
https://plus.google.com/photos/116451859615119061133/albums/5440061363494899889?banner=pwa

Here's a link to some videos that show the nock movement at release with only one nocking point. I tie on two with a series of opposing overhand knots, finish with a granny, snip, and burn. Easy and adjustable.    :archer2:
Live and let live.

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
Tomorrow i will put second nock point . Thanks for video  !!!!
PerunH 60"

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by bowfanatik:
whip_tie_adjustable_nocking_point:      

Actually , when you pull hard both ends , nock stay on place without any chance to move
I use a small piece, 1", of a stirring straw and tie a nail knot, same as described in video but substitute straw for pencil. Takes less than a minute to tie and twists up/down. Also lays flat and looks neat, always had trouble with the alternate overhand knot method laying flat and clean looking.
shoot straight shoot often

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 06:02:00 PM »
I've always used 2 nocks, I shoot 3 under, as already stated it keeps the arrow from sliding down the string, and i use the bottom nock as a reference on where my index finger is on the string when I draw so as to not pinch the arrow on the string.  I shoot with a damascus glove so I have a little better feel,  my personal preference.
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Nivek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
Howard Hill from what I've read used a lower nocking point. this would prevent the arrow from slipping down and it would be less likely to slip upwards. I am going to give it a try. Anyone else have experience with it this way?

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »
Been doing them this way since Hector was a pup. No confusion about where to nock and the arrow slides right in where it needs to be.
Whether you nock above or below doesn't matter, just tie to suit.
No slipping either.

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »
Charlie, I like you're set up as I frog at night and have to use caution not to nock above or below.
I'm gonna give it a try on my frog bow. Nicely done. I also thought the gentleman that did the Youtube vid above did an excellent job.

Offline Camobungadude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 08:57:00 AM »
Thanks for all to response. I shoot 3 finger and my arrows fit good. They snap in and when I turn the bow horizontal and tap the string they come off easily. But I do see the point about creating consistency and less worry about if your arrow is nocked in the correct place before the shot. Less worries more confidence in consistency. I that makes any sense.
God created the hunter so that Man may eat and become strong like bull.

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by Charlie Lamb:
Been doing them this way since Hector was a pup. No confusion about where to nock and the arrow slides right in where it needs to be.
Whether you nock above or below doesn't matter, just tie to suit.
No slipping either.

Link to the build along
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000078;p=1

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
I was thinking about how to nock above with a double nock....I know I'd screw it up, this would virtually eliminate it and I have a pile of number 4 laying around to do it with!  Thanks Charlie!

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by brbowhunter:
I shot a single nock point for years.. I changed to a double nock set and my groups got tighter immediately.. I will only shoot a double nock set from now on... It helps for sure...
X1
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- William Arthur Ward
Black Widow PSAV 42#@29
Collection of Red Wing Hunters
Northern Mist Superior 43#@28
Blue Ridge Snowy Mt 51#@30"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©