3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Titanium adapter (Abowyer)  (Read 265 times)

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
Titanium adapter (Abowyer)
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
Abowyer sells titanium glue in inserts in 35gr, 50gr and 75gr. Im debating between the 35 and the 50gr. Is there a disadvantage with the shorter insert? Wanted to combine it with the brown bear to get 215gr point weight.
Also will the same insert fit the grizzly broadheads the same?
I will be using them with a GoldTip 3555.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Titanium adapter (Abowyer)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
I think you mean adapter but anyway,I like more surface area for glue and alignment so,go longer.

Offline DarkTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Titanium adapter (Abowyer)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
I use both the 50gr Titanium adapters and 75 gr TI adapters for my Abowyer Wapiti's.  The 50gr are 21/64" in diameter and fit perfectly flush with the end of the Abowyer broadhead ferrule.   The 35gr TI adapter is 5/16" diameter and is going to fit all the way in the ferrule with some ferrule hanging out past the end of the adapter.  The 75 gr is a full 11/32" diameter and the Abowyer broadhead ferrule won't quite come to the end of the adapter.  

The ferrule on the Grizzly head is slightly larger in diameter than the Abowyer so the  ferrule will hang out slightly (maybe 1/32")past the edge of the 50 gr TI adapter, which doesn't bother me at all as my shafts are smaller than the diameter of the adapter.  It would hang out quite a bit past the 35 gr adapter and sits perfectly flush with the 75gr adapter.

As far as gluing, I agree with JimB...the more surface area for glue the better.

Hope that helps.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©