3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. Jude Quiver Build- #1 complete - #2 will begin soon  (Read 979 times)

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. Jude Quiver Build- #1 complete - #2 will begin soon
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
Sounds good.  Look forward to pictures of the build!  :archer:

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »
The 2x4 is almost 6 feet long.

TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »
I am envious of your talent..... Very nice  :)  God Bless your work for the kids     :thumbsup:
ISAIH 41:10 ROMANS 10:13
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Offline Azwatasha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
I received the Quiver that Bud made for Me, it is more beautiful in hand than in pictures! Man what a work of Art! Bud even added a little something extra to the quiver, I took a pic of it and was going to post it as this was the first part of the quiver I saw as I was opening the package but I decided not to so I wouldn't spoil it for Hermon.
I Heard Bud's quivers come with "Mojo" already built in? is this true? cause I need all the help I can get.
Here is what She looks like with a few arrows in it.
Hermon, are You in for a TREAT!!!

Thank You Bud

Baseball, Hotdogs, Apple pie and Bear Kodiaks

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
That's a beauty Tim...Congrats.  Are you talking about the "Remarque"?  When Bud gets the rest of these delivered, maybe we should all post up pics of that feature.     :D
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2014, 12:07:00 PM »
That's a beauty Tim...Congrats.  Are you talking about the "Remarque"?  When Bud gets the rest of these delivered, maybe we should all post up pics of that feature.     :D  

Bud - I love the color and texture of that side.  Ought to make a beautiful quiver!
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Azwatasha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »
Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about. Very special. I "just happened" to open the package that way.
Hermon has to be pulling His hair out! good thing He ate all that Apple Pie to get by the waiting. lol (tic-toc, tic-toc)    :bigsmyl:

Offline Azwatasha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
p.s. Hermon won the second St Jude's Quiver from Bud B.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
Bud's quiver is a part of my daily shooting life.....along with my Morningstar or course.      :D    

Mine was the same color as yours a year ago (back quivers are kinda like Osage), and came out of the box in the same orientation.     :D    

Offline Azwatasha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Nice!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
Glad you like it Tim!

Let me know how the break-in comes along and post up or PM with any questions  :)

I'm tidying up my workroom get set to do #2. I have a tendency to get messy when focused on a project.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »
I started on Hermon's (Glenn's) quiver last night with this new leather. I think it's going to be too thin for my liking and to provide years of service to the gracious bid Glenn put up. Going to wait on a better piece of veg tan leather to show up at the leather shop. I'm going to finish this quiver out and do some field testing on it. I think it'll be good for 3D and light hunting/bh use, but I want him to have a quiver that his grandkids can pass down after they've used it.

On a hold right now. Glenn is aware and is willing to wait a bit more. Thanks Glenn.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
I found Glenn a nice piece of leather. I have had a few PMs from different folks asking about building their own and advice on their build. I have talked it over with Glenn and I'm going to do a detailed build along on his to include the break-in/treatment of the green vegetable tanned leather, which is what I prefer to use in my builds.

I'd like to also add, I build quivers for fun. Some folks just don't want to tackle it on their own. Hopefully the coming build along might help someone take the plunge and build their own. All you really need is a cutting surface, a sharp razor knife, a leather hole punch, and a pinch of creative imagination. There are other tools that make it easier, but those are the basics.

I'll start a new thread in a few days after I have worked on Glenn's and gotten along in the process so it's not dragged out.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©