3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sore shoulder....new bow?  (Read 280 times)

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
Sore shoulder....new bow?
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
So lately i find myself quite uncomfortable. My shoulder is sore. I shoot alot like most on the site here. my bow is 51lbs at 28". I draw slightly over. This is my first custom bow abd i love it but i went from 45lb to 51 im worried with the amount of shooting i do i may have overbiwed myself ive rested ny shoulder and i still get sore and tired quite quickly. The tiredness in my arms started when i went on medicine for diabetes i feel like i lost some strength  im bummed becausw my longbow is not a takedown to where i can get other limbs which now i wish i woulda bought lol and i sold my 45 to help pay for this bow back in january. id just buy a new one but cant really do that with where im at in life 2 young kids and what not. should i just stop shooting for awhile or seek out a trade maybe? Im going to add to that im 29 and in good shapw besides the diabetes thing. I am just concerned i dont want to ruin my shoulder and i never hsd this problem with my 45. Thanks for any advice
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Re: Sore shoulder....new bow?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:00:00 AM »
If your new bow is a longbow, and you decide you need a bit less draw weight, the bowyer should have no problems taking the weight off. Longbows are easy to take weight off of.

Bisch

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bisch:
If your new bow is a longbow, and you decide you need a bit less draw weight, the bowyer should have no problems taking the weight off. Longbows are easy to take weight off of.

Bisch
Great Advice.... Thats a good option.

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
It would help if we knew which shoulder!!  Bow shoulder or string side shoulder.  A video of how you draw would help even more.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
Its string shoulder ill see if i can get sort of video. thanks bisch didnt know i could do that

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
Can you find out if your weak feeling is normal for someone with your condition? Wife has type 1 and it is a delicate balance for her, I know. Your form may need tweaking like has been mentioned but if you do not feel right it will be hard to concentrate on your shooting.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
Yeah problem is i lost like 25 lbs wgen i got on this medicine and lost some muscle strength to. It is normal dr said just a big lifestyle change and a battle to be healthier hope to lift and get strength back but until then maybe a lighter bow.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »
Sounds like an increase in bow weight may not have been the best move at this point in life.  Give the bowyer a call and see if the bow can be reduced.  Usually there is some weight in the limbs unless it was reduced to get to this weight.

Sorry your having issues but is sounds like your moving in a positive direction.

Mike
Mike Westvang

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 01:44:00 PM »
Yeah im hopin he can drop a few pounds off

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©