3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Pop's" could use some support  (Read 3699 times)

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Pop's" could use some support
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »
All right !  :thumbsup:  Great news.
ChuckC

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2007, 06:19:00 AM »
Thanks again Gang! Yes, Dad seems to be improving daily. It did take a day for the soreness to set in but he's back to being honery as ever. The Doc's and nurses don't let him rest but about a half hour at a time so he seems to stay tired. He said he really didn't want calls for now due to his being so tired. He has expressed his deep gratitude for all his extended family's well wishes and prayers. It's kinda overwhelming to have such support! Thanks again! CK

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
That is great news Curtis, our prayers the news continues so  :pray:  

Brent

Offline MW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
CK,

Sky and I were very concerned when we heard but glad to hear things are working out.  We had a long talk last night while shooting and I thought he said a funny thing I'll pass on.  

As we were talking about your dad and you as well as dads and sons in general, he said he thought yours would be ok.  We talked about sickness and cancer but he kept insisting that he thought yours would be fine.  I finally stopped and asked why he was so sure.
He said he was sure with the way you were God would need someone down here to keep you in line.

Quite an impression you've made!

Prayes sent.
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
Oh man, tell him the devil made me do it.   :bigsmyl:  

He must thinks me a rough hombre. Glad you two are sharing! CK

Offline MW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
Hang in there.

We cant shoot without him bringing up bunnies or our trip.  Being there and a part of his first kill will insure a valued place in our family history.

I cant tell him the devil made you do it because he thinks the devil is his younger sister.
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
I hear that he's just about ready to go on a waterskiing trip...if it wasn't for those danged doctors! Up and walking around, his usual razor sharp wit and most everything else intact   ;)   He says, "Keep the prayers flowing boys, they are making a difference."
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
Glad you got through to him. Thanks! CK

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Good to hear of his steady progress. Y'all keep each other in line, now! Thanks for the email, CK.

The air here feels like fall, now. The woods are rustling with flustered squirrels as they hustle up their stocks of the bumper acorn crop. I have the weekend off, cool and dry, yet still warm with sushine. I am fixing stone heads to the shafts that I stained and sealed long ago enough to forget that I had done so. As I go about these preparations, I think about all manner of things, hunts and critters and the way the world turns and people in my life. I know another who is battling cancer, and I can't help but think of those whom I have lost to the damn disease. I have never met your dad, but know him a little through this site and the way you live your life, Curtis.

As all of life is connected, and as all of it comes from the Creator, I know that these thoughts that run through my feeble mind as I seek out the best sinew, or sight down the length of an ash shaft are picked up by the One Above, and so I try to keep them worthy. These are prayers, and though informal, I consider them to be as frank and honest as a prayer can get. And so, I hope that it can be made so, that the path for your father is straightened before him, that the sinews of his body are made clean and fine, and give him good strength. Let him be released into your home environs complete with a fine, sharp head and just enough fletch to keep him flying down the good red road. These are just little thoughts, the prayers of a fletcher, and I thought it might cheer you to know that they go out in your father's name, in an everyday manner.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
Curtis, you already know that I've been praying for you and your family since you confided in me over the summer. I'm so glad to hear there is positive news coming out of the major surgery. If you need anythng at all...you know that...

Mr. Kellar, hang in there. We're all pulling for you. The power of prayer is an amazing thing. Hope to see you back on your feet next time I come to Texas. Take care and don't hesitate to holler if you need anything.

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
Ohhhhh no he didn't! Did he just call him "Mr. Kellar"? Dang....it's on now!  :rolleyes:  

I called him that twice....he let me get away with it once....but the second time? Well, let's just say there won't be a third.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
I called him that, too. I think it's good to rile up the old forts now and then.

Killdeer  :jumper:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
We're just bout to see how strong them NURSES really are  :scared:    :scared:    :eek:    :eek:  

Women and Children run FIRST  :help:    :help:

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
JC, LOL He had words with me at the Sweat about the Mr. Kellar deal too.  :knothead:   Get Well Pops.   :bigsmyl:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Sweet prayer Killy.

Fast healing Gary but enjoy the TLC as much as you can. Sure did enjoy our time together at Carta Valley last winter. The greatest treasures are memories and you star in some of my real good ones. See you again in a few months.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
Hope all continues to go well.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »
My Prayers ...continue ..for Gary...Marco #78 ..
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
I drove up to Houston yesterday to see Dad. His spirits are great and he's doing better than anyone expected. He does like to talk about Boluses(inside joke). You'll have to ask about them at the next campfire. Dad was already talking about being back in our camps by the new year. Well, that may be a big push but I'm certainly welcoming the possibility of at least having him back in camp by Texas Sweat.

If any of you guys buy the Tradgang DVD you'll find that much of the vidoe was shot by my Pop. You'll certainly hear his witty remarks at each and every one of my "bearly missed" shots. Nothing like your own chearing squad to always be there to ribb you for the bad shots. LOL!  :D  

Dad should be around a computer by Tuesday or Wednesday. He is walking more and more each day and will reach the public computers in the surgical waiting area very soon.  :campfire:   Thanks again for everything! CK

Offline TRADNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
Thoughts and prayers Ck

David

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
Prayers sent.

Lobo in West Virginia