3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ARROWS ????  (Read 216 times)

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
ARROWS ????
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »
I seem to be reading a lot about carbon arrow quality and tuning now that I have my new bow. I have been shooting GT arrows 55/75's in my last bow and 75/95's in my new Sasquatch.  I bare shaft some and paper some but mostly I just like to shoot. I shoot a 250 gr head and 50gr brass insert. I like the flexibility of adding the brass insert that the GT arrow provides and I think the brass makes them tougher for stumping. However some of the stuff I have been reading about the GT arrows isn't reassuring me that I am shooting the best arrow. Is there an arrow (long), my GT's are un cut, that give you the durability and the flexibility of adding the brass insert like GT ? Sorry I got a little long on this one.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ARROWS ????
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
I can't help you... I have never had any reason to look for a better arrow than GT.   :)  

I do agree 100% about the brass inserts making one tough arrow. I even foot my GT with aluminum footing which make a nearly indestructible arrow.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
Give the CE Heritage a try,most of them are 32.75" except some of the smaller ones.

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Gold Tip is a high quality arrow and respected name in industry.  I shoot them and Easton Axis.  Axis are a tiny bit heavier and obviously smaller diameter.  GT also lets you add weight to insert from inside for fine tuning and flexibility.  I would shoot the GT's if you like them.
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
I am one of the guys who probably typed some of the stuff you read in the thread about spine about the GT shafts. They are a bit inconsistent in spine, but I still shoot them. They are a great shaft.

BTW, the GT brass inserts will work in just about any 5/16" shaft.

Bisch

Offline ghall80

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
I have read a few post about the arrows that are available today. And there is a lot of information that  is not shared.

One thing I did not see was the straightness tolerances mentioned as much as they should. .006 is what you will see in the lesser quality arrows. Gold tips trad shafts have ..003 and .006  great arrows but I will shoot the .003 not that I think I am good enought to see the diffrance in the arrow during flight I don't think there is a guy alive that can see that kind of a tolerance with Trad Gear. But I will use the best equipment I can get or afford. When you have the straightness tolerance of .003 or .001 they spine tolerances are going to be that tight as well. They have to be to make a arrow that perfect the two go hand and hand spine and straightness.
So if you want the best arrow out there you need to look at the straightness tolerances . Easton has a .001 called a Hexx awesome arrows I have a lot guys shooting them. Victory has some arrows called V1 .001 another great shaft GT has some as well. There out there you just need to find them. 99% of the trad guys out there can't tell the difference no one is that good that I have ever met. But hey why not have the best if you can get it.

But remember it's the Indian not the arrow!
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway--JOHN WAYNE

Offline DDFlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
It's not how straight they are,but there spine

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
Gary's comment about spine tolerances following straightness is interesting.  Anyone ever test the spine of both the .003 & .006 arrows?

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 08:09:00 PM »
All I shoot is .003 straightness Gold Tips. The spine differences I noted in my post on the other thread was all with .003 straightness shafts. I shoot what are advertised as .400 spine, and after many dozens checked, the range is incredible! The stiffest ones are in the lower .340's and the weakest ones are in the upper .380's or low .390's. I have yet to see one spine out at .400!

I have not checked any of the .006 straightness shafts because I do not shoot those.

Bisch

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »
Makes me wonder how some guys shoot cane arrows .
Just a thought .    :saywhat:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
Good point ghall80.

Offline Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »
I love shooting the gold tips. They are a good shaft that flies well. I couldn't be more satisfied. My broadheads fly great. I shoot the black expedition shaft and the wood grain blems. I will say it seems the wood grain blems need 25-50 more grains of point weight than the black shafts as far as spine is concerned.
The beman bowhunter shafts are great to but the gold tips seem to be more durable for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©