3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows  (Read 509 times)

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »
Anyone tried the Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows?  If so, how did they work for you?

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
A couple of my friends have them and I shot one of theirs from my bow which is a lot different and it still flew perfect. You should leave them pretty much full length are you will cut off the part that makes them recover so well. RMSG(sponsor) is carrying them and the shop guys are shooting them.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
RMSG only has Heritage and Predator from CE online - does not show the Maxima's

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
I used to shoot them out of 60lb Black widow MA2. Mine were 250's with 250 grains up front. I liked them.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 08:45:00 AM »
Great flying arrows,but they only come in 250 and 350's.You would need to load up the front end for lighter weight bows being the 250 is lightest spine at  about a .400 spine.I also shoot CE Maxima Blue Streak,I have them in 150 and 250.

Offline oldgoat

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
I have some blue streaks that I am working on and I think the dual spin is kind of tuff to bare shaft . I was cutting of the knock end, external footing ufoc, and just not getting the flight I was with my old maximas. Going to fletch some up and see.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by rraming:
RMSG only has Heritage and Predator from CE online - does not show the Maxima's
Unless they are just out, they have them. I live near to the store. Give them a call.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
I'm presently shooting Victory VAP 350 arrows at 29" with 200 gr up front and they shoot well out of my Morrison Cheyenne recurve with 45#@28" Max I carbon/foam limbs.  I would think the Maxima Red 350s would fly fine out of it, too.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by WildmanSC:
I'm presently shooting Victory VAP 350 arrows at 29" with 200 gr up front and they shoot well out of my Morrison Cheyenne recurve with 45#@28" Max I carbon/foam limbs.  I would think the Maxima Red 350s would fly fine out of it, too.

Bill
From what I've seen, with 45@28 you would want the 250's and would be able to front load the crap out of them.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.

Offline sveltri

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
I'm shooting them out of a hybrid lb and for me they are the best arrows I've owned.  They were tuned to my bow with 100 gr brass insert and a 250 gr head.  When I bought hem in the spring I had also mentioned that I wanted to try the vpa turkey spur broadhead that is only available up to 150 gr.  I was assured they would shoot just fine on the same arrow.  Yeah right I tought, no way I'm gonna drop 100 gr in tip weight and the arrow is gonna be just fine.  Well I was wrong the arrow flew great.  I just bought another dozen, I am 100% sold.  RMSGear does have them, they're just not listed on the site.

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Thank ya'll for answering my question.  I knew I wanted to get some of the Maxima Reds, I just didn't know whether to go with the 250s or 350s.  I will say my Morrison Cheyenne with the Max 1 limbs shoots my Victory VAP 350s at 183 fps with the 200 gr points up front with a total arrow weight of 483 gr.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »
I just got a set of 350 reds 30" 100 gr brass 145 grain point out of a 55# dalaa and they are spot on.  I've shot the blues in the past but the reds hit with a little more authority and minimal tuning on them.  I have tried any lighter bows yet.   Really impressed.
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by dino:
I just got a set of 350 reds 30" 100 gr brass 145 grain point out of a 55# dalaa and they are spot on.  I've shot the blues in the past but the reds hit with a little more authority and minimal tuning on them.  I have tried any lighter bows yet.   Really impressed.
Dino,

What length and shape featners do you use on your Dalaa?

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
Are these shafts 32" uncut?

Thank you in advance for the info.

Keep the wind in your face!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 06:40:00 AM »
Bill,
5" shield LW.
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 01:53:00 PM »
I ordered a dozen Maxima Red 250 arrows at The Archery Shop yesterday while I was there shooting my Morrison Cheyenne.  I'm looking forward to getting them next week.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 03:59:00 PM »
I was at The Archery Shop today and there was a young fella on the range shooting his bow.  He was shooting Maxima Red 350s cut to 29" with 100 gr points.  I assked him if I could shoot one of his arrows out of my recurve.

I took his 100 gr point off the arrow and screwed in one of my 200 gr points.  I walked up to 5 yards from the target and took my first shot.  It hit dead center of the spot at which I was shooting.  I pulled the arrow, walked back to 10 yards and shot my second shot and it, too, hit dead center of the spot at which I was shooting.

I pulled the arrow, took off my 200 gr point, screwed his 100 gr point back in and handed him his arrow back.  With the arrow shooting that well with Blazer Vanes, I can't wait to see how well my new arrows shoot with 4" feathers.  I had Budro change my order from Maxima Red 250s to 350s!

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
I picked up my Maxima Red arrows at The Archery Shop today.  I installed the inserts in two full length shafts, screwed in 200 gr field points in each arrow, removed the clear nocks and bulldog collars and installed red Bohning S nocks in each of the arrows.

I then walked into the indoor range and started shooting.  Wow, do the Maxima Red arrows shoot accurately, or what?  I'm going back to The Archery Shop Tuesday and do more extensive shooting.  The maximum range at which I shot was 12 yards, but the arrows were hitting where I was looking from 5-12 yards!

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:   I would still be shooting them but I switched back to wood. Never had a single problem with those shafts..

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
I went back to The Archery Shop yesterday and shot the Maxima Red arrows again.  They shoot where I look from 5 to 20 yards, as along as I hit the right anchor point.  The right anchor point for me is with the length of my index finger laying on top of my cheek bone, thumb behind the jaw bone and nose on the back of the cock fletch.  

I now have one full length arrow and one about an inch shorter.  There was a fella in the shop shooting his PSE FITA target bow.  I asked him if he wanted to shoot a smooth drawing hunting recurve.  He shot one shot and as I stood behind him I thought he was aiming at the 20 yard target on the back row.  He was actually aiming at a target at 10 yards.  He was anchoring like he was shooting his FITA bow with his hand under his chin.  The shot went over the 10 yard target, but fell short of the 20 yard target.  It hit the back wall and drove the point/insert back into the shaft.

Budro was able to remove the point/insert, cut an inch off the shaft and glue the insert back into the shaft.  I shot both the full length shaft and the inch shorter shaft with 200 gr points.  They both fly like darts.  The full length arrows weighs 518.5 gr and I'm guessing the inch shorter shaft weighs 508-509 gr.

I'll do more shooting on Saturday and decide whether to go full length or an inch shorter.  They're great shooting arrows!

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©