3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Snakebit  (Read 329 times)

Offline jon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Snakebit
« on: September 23, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
I guess I'm just snakebit.
Been fighting lyme disease for almost 3 years now and finally got to feeling good enough to make the move to my Montana property. Started shooting again in June after a couple of years layoff. Drew an out of state elk tag(long odds), rented a place and moved the first round of junk July 18th. Things were looking up. A week before moving, I had one of those stupid clumsy falls I have taken all of my life. Usually I just jump up and look around to see if anyone was looking. This one was a little different. It appears I tore a couple of muscles in my right shoulder. The Dr. thought some PT would work. But here it is the end of the bugle season, and I still can't pull a bow. Found out Friday that he is reccomending surgery.  On top of that, I've been suffering from a relapse of the lyme for the past 3 weeks.
Guess there's always next year.
Sorry for the belly aching but after 2.5 years hard fighting the lyme and not hunting since 2004, I was really looking forward to hunting elk this fall.
Well got that off my chest, I thank everyone for helping keep my spirits up. I look forward to reading the posts here. I read them every morning with my coffee. Thanks again.

jon

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Snakebit
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Sounds like if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all...  :thumbsup:   I kinda know how ya feel.  I've not been able to do hardly any huntin' at all the last 3 years cause of health problems.  Hopin' this year will work out, so far so good.  Hang in there budddy....  :archer:

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
I am sorry to hear how badly things are going. Will remember you in my prayers.
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
Geez Jon sorry to hear of your troubles. We can put up with a lot in life, a whole lot, but poor health has a way of beating you down. Hope the surgery goes well and the Lyme goes into permanant remission and by next season you are chasing those bugling bulls as a resident for cheap money.   :thumbsup:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »
Keep Your chin up Jon, just get better for next year when You can buy that resident tag. Hope You recover fast. bretto

Offline 5 point

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
I know the feeling Jon.  I am laid up recovering from my second back surgery in six months.  I moved to Montana for the hunting and fishing opportunities 15 years ago.  I am going to miss the entire season with elk, deer, and antelope tags in my pocket. Its a hard pill to swallow but keep the faith and you will be back stronger that ever. Don't forget that fall fishing in Montana is outstanding!

Dave

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
i would say the worst is behind you now, so keep your head up and look to the bright future. heck just living in Montana should be some food for the soul in itself.

i am certain there is an elk out there with you name on it, so don't give up.

best wishes!
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Crazyhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Jon,
My Mother always told me that life isn't fair, but it is what you make of it. Through personal experience I have come to know what she was talking about.Remember what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. I hope you feel better soon and get back to the outdoors.

Daniel
If one person calls you a Jackass, ignore him. If ten people call you  Jackass, go out and buy a saddle.

Offline leftyfred

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
Jon,  Your story reminded me of the Apostle Paul who had a "thorn" in his side.  He ask God to remove it 3 times, and God's answer was 'MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU, FOR MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS'.  Hang tough, let God work a miracle in you.  Gotta be hard being weak and on the short end of bad times.  Your in my prayers.  Leftyfred

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
Hi Jon....

We missed at the last few shoots at North Florida Archery Club and wondered if you had moved yet.  

Sorry to hear about your fall!  Take some pics and send them to Tom and I we would love to see your new location.

BTW...I enjoyed shooting your wifes ACSCX...I had a new riser made for mine............bingo!  I really like this grip!  Tell Debbie ...we say hello.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up. I can guarantee that there are some people in worst shape than you. Hap

Offline jon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Sorry about the earlier negative post guys. I was having a bad hair day. I usually don't let things get to me.
Got some snow in the hills above 6000 ft last night. I'm always amazed at the colors that nature can throw at you. Reminded me why I came out here.
Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement.

Jon

Offline hoebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »
Jon,
Hey man hang in there. I am an ICU RN and I can tell you about a hundred people that everyone including the Doctors wrote off. "They will never be able to recover from this." I have heard that more then I want. I also have watched those same written off people get up and walk right out of there. Pray and believe and It will happen.
Good Luck
ABR

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »
Bummer, take care of that shoulder and get it fixed right.

Did you get the Lymes in Florida?  That stuffs getting more prevalent everywhere, isn't it.  Hope both ailments will be over come soon.

Offline jon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »
SOS,

Believe it or not I got bitten not too far from you just outside of Wrens Georgia about 10 years ago. The problem was that it went undiagnosed until the bacteria built up their numbers. I'll win. It's going to take me a little longer than the Dr's thought.  

Jon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©