3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What would you like to see "come back"  (Read 2200 times)

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What would you like to see "come back"
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Deeter:

Originally posted by GRAYBEARD:
common sense and common courtesy
I agree with you on these.  They go along way but unfortunately kids don't seem to have them these days. [/b]
not to derail, but I coach a competitive 12 year old girls "kids" fastpitch softball team and the parents that are courteous and have common sense have kids with similar traits.  Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

And to get back on track, I too wish Curved Bed Bighorns with plain brown limbs and a bombproof finish were still available

DD
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2014, 09:37:00 PM »
Common sense game management, Seasons that are not mixed with other things. Hunting ethics that shouldn't have to be taught in a class and more families doing things together. Woodsman ship and outdoor skills that have been lost with high tech stuff. The list is to long for old bows that were neat. Hunting gear made in this country......I could go on and on............   :dunno:   I do like the old Bear Grizzlies. Just a good simple bow.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Horserod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2014, 10:31:00 PM »
I sure miss my Damon Howatt Super Diablo! I kick myself every time I remember how dumb I was to sell it off.......  :(   Horserod

Offline two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
The hunters head broadhead.

Offline daddymonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
my youth - and more people doing things cos it is just the right thing to do, not cos they want people to applaud. I figure this applies to hunting, communities, being neighbourly, environmentalism and almost everything else.
I want healthy kids to come back. There are too many kids out there who won't be able to enjoy some of the best experiences life has to offer because they are too fat, unfit and afraid to try something that doesn't involve being on the couch.
whether you believe you can or believe you can't you are right.

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2014, 01:42:00 AM »
Shorter versions of the old Grizzlys.  I personally find this thread very interesting.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
1964 bear polar 66" It was known as the do everything bow. It was a great looking bow, draws and releases smooth, quiet and it shot like it had eyes. If those bows were made with todays technology (fast fight strings etc) I would buy one. In fact I would buy one even if they were made like they were. I had one that didn't have the best of care and it finally broke a few years back. I had more confidance in that bow than any bow I have.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »
Bear Archery to return to Grayling Michigan.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
True faith in the Father and a country that resembles his word. I believe there is a connection for those that bare the bow.  God bless
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Sharp Stick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2014, 10:22:00 PM »
29 Cents a gallon gasoline
PBS Associate Member
Lone Star Bow Hunters Association

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2014, 11:27:00 PM »
Eye opening thread. A government that respects citizens?
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Arraflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2014, 11:24:00 PM »
Screaming Eagle catalog
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one,you won't be needing one again

Offline Broke N Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »
The Bear factory to come back to grayling where it belongs...freds still rolling over in his grave over that one..
Stand at the crossroads and look, seek for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is,and walk in it, and you will find rest for your soul....Scroll of Joshua

Offline 1Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
Another week at deer camp with my Grandfather. Bring back all the old legends of the bow. Bear
 ,Hill .etc.

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
my ankles ....
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
Silk strings and tanged heads.  Also, hunting with Gramps and Papa Seales.

Offline WhitetailHtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »
I'm 52, but I remember in the late 60's and early 70's when everything about hunting, and bowhunting in particular, was simple and seemed almost magical (at least to a boy).

What do I really miss?

-Tagging along when I was under 10 years of age with a dad who brought me to the wild places that I developed a love for.  He was young and strong and full of energy.  And then hunting with him thru the years as we both got older and sharing so many fine days afield.  He is into Alzheimer's now, and the magic of those days is just a memory.

-the smells of archery from back then: burnt cork, cedar arrows, glue, leather boots, early Fall in the WI woods.  WWII camp from Herters.

-When just seeing a deer, any deer, was exciting beyond words and when someone finally did kill a deer it was the talk of the town.

-just the overall simplicity of bowhunting before videos, all the "experts' and gadgets, TV hunting, etc.

-Herters catalogs and my very first dozen "hunting" arrows from them.  My dad got them for me for Christmas.  28" cedar, Bear razor heads, yellow shafts.  I still have 2 of them (used but priceless).

-hunting rabbits with a bow around industrial park and cemetery overgrown fields. (A kid would be arrested for that now).

But I am happy to say that in many ways, Trad archery today keeps me linked to those great memories.
1987 Brackenbury Drifter 60#

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
Savage Deathmaster, without a doubt!

...and Tiger Stripe Camo!

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Offline Gerry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
TIce and Watts Bows

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
Mom and pop traditional archery shops.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement