3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lake George NY guys, need help?  (Read 181 times)

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Lake George NY guys, need help?
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
Hey guys,
Family decided they want to see the leaves change this fall, so we're thinking about heading towards Lake george area.  We're looking at the the weekend of Oct. 12-15, is this to late for the leaves?  What is the weather and temps like that time of year?  Last but certainly not least is there any good huntin in the area on state land or is there just a ton of pressure (state land = lots of people). I might have to bag the hunting all together so the kids can get the most out of the weekend, but thought I still would ask in case i can slip away a little.  Thanks for any info Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lake George NY guys, need help?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
Check into Toungue Montain on the west side of the lake.State land with occasional monster bucks.

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
Lake George is a great family destination. Comfortable temps in the day. A littl cool at night. Great sleeping weather. Take a ride on one of the boats.Good camping at Fourth Lake state campground just outside of Lake Luzerne. Take a ride up Veterans Highway for some fantastic views.There are also a lot of outlet stores just south of the village for the wife and the Great Escape for the kids. Have a a great time.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
mid Oct is probably going to be too late this year. They are at 50% now, so a month from now much of it will be gone. Hell, you could have snow on the ground by then. It is a great place though. Enjoy.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Yeah, the leaves are turning pretty quick right now. We had two frosts earlier this week and that set them off. I'm about 50 miles east of where you'll be over in Vermont.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©