3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Things that just seem to happen when shooting  (Read 312 times)

Offline bear mike

• Trad Bowhunter
Things that just seem to happen when shooting
« on: June 24, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
Since I have picked up a recurve a couple of months ago I have been trying to use back tension with poor results that is until today after working on form its like it just started working on its own and a big difference it makes for my shooting. Seems like every day I shoot I learn something about this new to me stick and string  ;)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Things that just seem to happen when shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
After over 40 years I still learn new things about this pastime all the time. Read my signature at the bottom of the post.......it's true!   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
One way to ensure that the right muscles are in play other than artificially tightening, is to feel yourself pulling your bow arm until you feel that your arm from your elbow to your drawing hand comes into a straight line with the arrow.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
Learn, learn, learn... And get better with each step... I've been at this trad game over twelve years and just learned to "draw with my back"!

I mean, I knew that was the way to get it right, but didn't put my mind to it until a few month ago...   :archer2:   ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 11:12:00 PM »
For me, it seems like the more I learn about this sport the less I know, I guess that is what keeps me going.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©