3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do you remember your first bow?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do you remember your first bow?
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »
I was in Florida on vacation at age 11 and noticed a really "cool" bow on the wall of "Bill Jacksons" Sporting Goods! I was hooked... I had to wait til I got home and saved money for my very own Bear Mini-Mag compound bow with 3 wood arrows and plastic tab!

That bow spawned a life long passion filled with bigger & better dreams. I bought my first recurve in Spring of 1987. After staring at the iconic pictures  of Greybark Black Widows in magazines, I saved my my money and bought the Black Widow I could afford... A "beautiful" all black 57# @28" HS60 takedown that I still have & shoot today!!! She looks better than ever! I had the Widow boys reduce her to 52lbs, tillered for three under, exposed the blonde maple limbs, and added diamond back skins to the front to make her hunt ready and stunningly beautiful!!!

Up until a few years ago, shes the only traditional bow I've owned and used. Now I have my 54" Black Widow KB 53# @28" Dream Bow as well....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©