3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BW String Challenge  (Read 269 times)

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
BW String Challenge
« on: June 29, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
Something I've meant to ask about for a while.  I know it's long over, but could someone point me to the rules of that challenge?  As I understand it, nobody accepted over the course of a year.  I heard rumors it was because of the stipulations of the  challenge, but was never able to get the details.  

I'm just curious.  It still comes up in a string discussion here and there, and I want to know the details.

Chad

Offline danderson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BW String Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
what is it?
BW SAX Kingwood 54#

1967 Bear Super Kodiak 50#

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 05:14:00 PM »
Read this.  Starts down the page aways...

"blackwidowbows.com/index.php?route=forum/post&path=1048"

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
Thanks, but I'm looking for the actual rules of the challenge.

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »
I don't know if you can still find the rules or not.  It was on their old wall which is now gone when they updated their website a year or so ago.  I don't think they archived the old stuff.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
I wanted to see the rules too, but after reading the widow thread posted by Hermon, I was no longer interested in the rules.  There was enough info provided to make me realize the winner of such a contest could not be determined.

...but did Ken Beck ever give anyone a bow.
Lon Scott

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »
Well shoot--I'll see what I can find out.

To the best of my knowledge, no bow was ever given, and nobody was ever obligated to buy a bow.  As far as I know, nobody ever officially stepped up to the challenge.

I firmly believe Mr. Beck is a man of his word, and would have given out the bow(s) if anyone had succeeded.  I also doubt he would have forced anyone to buy a bow if they failed.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by LBR:
Well shoot--I'll see what I can find out.

To the best of my knowledge, no bow was ever given, and nobody was ever obligated to buy a bow.  As far as I know, nobody ever officially stepped up to the challenge.

I firmly believe Mr. Beck is a man of his word, and would have given out the bow(s) if anyone had succeeded.  I also doubt he would have forced anyone to buy a bow if they failed.
Well stated LBR... Just give the widow boys or Ken Beck a call, I'm sure they'd be happy to chat with you. I remember the thread well on the original Widow Wall...   :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©