3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: possibles/shoulder bags?  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: possibles/shoulder bags?
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »
Angelo at Bison Gear makes a GREAATTTT one...if you are interested I think you could see it on his website? I have one and its fantastic.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »
Mike feel free to call it herb's purse if you wish but if you do don't kick if you find me checking through it for snacks    :bigsmyl:   .all the best in your search !! just make sure if you go for one that hangs off of the shoulder that the starp is wide  a lot more confortable--- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline nanook712

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »
I made a small one out of a 6"x9" pouch that was made to attach on a pack bet or shoulder strap. It has two small d rings in the corners that I attached a 2" strap to. Fits my field dressing gear, hand warmers , and snacks.

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rooselk:
About ten or twelve years ago I purchased a Filson field bag that functions the same as a "possibles bag". This is a high quality bag that has served me well over the years.

Filson Field Bag  

When I'm using my Catquiver the Filson bag stays at home. But when I'm using my Chief side quiver I take the field bag with me.
Nice bag but for that kind of money you should be looking at these.     Leatherman Bags
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »
Mike, I went to a gun show today and found a possibles bag. Modern as it was made of man made materials, (cordura?) designed to hang from an oppisite shoulder with a wide strap. Strap is adjustable to hang from your hip or under your arm. Reminds me of the "dispatch bag" that motorcyclist use to use. Two sizes available.
Quality looks good (made in China) Here's the killer, $10 bucks a piece!
Next time you see a gun show advertised go see what you can find.
Prarrie Dog

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »

I use a possible bag atached to my quiver
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »
and big pair of matching  rubber Lacrosse boots to match...now where is the TP..paper, not again forgot it...    :D  ...do ya have to call it a purse   :saywhat:      :saywhat:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by MikeC:
Nice bag but for that kind of money you should be looking at these.     Leatherman Bags  
I don't disagree. But at the time I bought mine it wasn't anywhere near the price it is now. Moreover, I purchased it at the Filson store in Seattle which at the time had the item marked down.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »
 My two tone leather "man purse"

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »
Thanks for all of the feedback guys and gals! Didn't realize so many of you were using "man purses", or in killy's case, just a purse!   :bigsmyl:  
Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »
ttt
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »
i find it hard to use a day pack when carring my tree stand. What I do is turn my fanny pack around and wear it in the front.

I usally carry my scents, small lock blade knife,compass,small med kit, an apple and granola bars (peanut butter) small scap of string and a candle stub  :thumbsup:
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »
I've used fanny packs and they're fine but I like a shoulder bag a lot better. For a number of years now I've been using a canvas bag made by Duluth Pack that I got from Northwoods Wilderness Outfitters. The strap is made of leather with an adjustable buckle while the main body of the bag is soft canvas. A divider inside is handy to keep certain items separate. I like to wear it high under the arm to keep it from swinging but can also swing it back so that it rides just above my back pocket.

It's easier to get to items in a shoulder "possibles bag" than a fanny pack and when I get to my stand I take it off and hang it alongside where I have easy access to whatever I want from it.

It's not a "purse"    :thumbsup:   ..   :archer:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
Here's an other place to get bags and a little cheaper than the other link.
 http://www.mountaintoptradingco.com/index2.htm

http://garyscustomknives.com/sidequivers.htm
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline iacornfed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »
In the Navy they call the man who handles the ships money a "Purser". Dates back to when money was carried in a purse. I gues if it was good enough for them it's good enough for me. I tried a fanny pack but it keeps falling off. I tried shoulder straps but I decided that if I was going to use straps I might as well use a backpack. My daypack has a water bladder in it. I am thinking of making some sort of quiver for it.
Choose ye this day whom you shall follow, as for me and my household we shall follow the LORD.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
"I tried a fanny pack but it keeps falling off."

Put a wallet in your back pocket, and eat more corn.
Killdeer  "[dntthnk]"
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »
The problem with a fanny pack is you got to have some fanny to hold it up.
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »
Here is what I ended up with-Mike

Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Bowson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
iacornfed,

In the old days, the "Purser" also handed out the RUM!!!

Offline Vig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Squirrel bait, I feel your pain.  I've tried a bunch of different combinations of bags and quivers- finally settled on the messenger bag this year.  Bought a canvas one from the internet auction for 20 bucks and it works great!  I think I've figured out a way to integrate my quiver into it as well.  

I'll warn you, it takes at least a day and a half of hunting before my brothers and Dad get tired of making fun of the 'man purse.'  The trick is to be the first to kill something.  Then you can always use that as a comeback!
-----------
The worst day shooting is better than the best day at work.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©