3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: possibles/shoulder bags?  (Read 6610 times)

Offline STOBBER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: possibles/shoulder bags?
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Mike,
I carry a shoulder bag on occasion but have found my CatQuiver2 to be very handy. It holds all a a feller could need for a day's hunt.
The best part of a shoulder bag is that you can just drop it quickly if need be...instead of wrestling with a pack.
It's a matter of personal taste i guess.

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 05:47:00 AM »
Yep, Vile beer ain't got no problems wearing a fanny pack..... You can still see her for 5 minutes after she walks around a corner.   :biglaugh:
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2007, 05:52:00 AM »
You are lucky I'm late for work, FlingSplatter.

Killerdeer  :knothead:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
I bought a canvas Eastern Longhunter's bag from Dixie Gun Works

I'll be carrying my "possibles" in it this hunting season.....(and probly many more!!!!!)
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
I've been looking for one for years. I just haven't found the one yet. I know it when I see it. Those side quiver type from garyscustomknives look mighty interesting.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
I use a Bandalero type bag with my cat quiver attached to it.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Flesner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
As usual, mine is pretty sorry compared to everyone else, but it works great for me.

I have a cotton "sack" that a I attached a nylon strap to. I started carrying it to put my squirrels in (dead ones !!). I carry it all the time now.

It's just a thin cotton sack about 12" square without a cover flap. I don't carry much "stuff" with me, but it will hold lots of things if you need it to. Won't keep them dry though, so don't fall in the crick.

It would be very simple to make one from a bolt of scrap cloth or an old dish towel maybe.
And it's machine washable!.

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
The photo is a little fuzzy, but this is my possibles bag. It hangs on my right hip, with the strap on my left shoulder, crossing my chest. I also carry a shot snake with 2-3 lbs of shot the same way. Believe it or not, it's actually surprisingly comfortable and doesn't give me a headache, even with all that weight. But maybe that's just me.

Here I am with my "bunny bag" on a sunny February day. It is actually a fishing creel I bought at Wally World for like $8. Big 5 Sports has them too. It is canvas, and the large inside pocket is lined with vinyl. There is a small pocket on the front, in which I put handiwipes, latex gloves, a small Helle knife, some rope, and some 1 gallon plastic bags. I put the bunny in the main part of the bag while en route to a place to clean it. The vinyl keeps blood from going everywhere and is easy to clean. And I have all the bunny dressing stuff I need in the front pocket.

Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
Here's a couple more bags that I use. Muzzleloaders call them Haversacks. The one on the left was made from an old flour or grain sack, note the patch which was on the original bag. It's lined with pillow ticking to give it strength and body. The bag on the right is a shooting pouch and powder horn.

This one is a heavier hemp bag, waterproofed with bees wax. It has a leather bottom and horn buttons and will hold enough to keep you in the woods for several days.    ;)  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
Here's the flour sack bag being worn so you can see the size....excuse the flintlock gun in the picture.   :o  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
Lookin' Good Ron!!!!!

BTW.....Has anyone ever looked at you.....Turned WHITE as a sheet and all "bug-eyed".....Then turned tail and high-tail it out of the woods!!!!!

(like they just saw the GHOST of some old "mountain-man")LOL   :eek:    :scared:    :eek:

I always enjoy your pictures Ron!!!!! They look like you just stepped out of a History book.   :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
That LaClair's a hansome feller, isn't he?
Prarrie Dog

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
i love my german ridge bag and quiver..outstanding set up!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Flesner, please do not describe my favorite bag as "sorry"!

Back in olden times, I was a cashier at Dart Drug. Then I was shipping and receiving manager, in charge of the beer and wine section, and the incoming vendors and the Back Room. The Back Room had all kinds of crap in it, mostly unsalable merchandise that needed to go back from whence it came or be deemed a superfund site, and bits of detritus that had piled up for the last twenty years. I was told to clean it out.

Clean it out I did, only having to evacuate the store once when some arcane fluid gleefully escaped its shattered glass confines, and I discovered a prize! "What should I do with these?" I innocently asked. My boss told me to get them outta there. So I went home with heavy cotton sacks that said "US Mint" and "dimes".

Later, I used magic markers and spray paint, and 3/8" cotton rope to make the sweetest game bag, collection bag, everything else bag that you could want. I use it during squirrel season for all of the above, plus for stashing any and all found treasures, from birch bark to tree jelly fungus, and bringing it triumphantly into camp. It will hold clothing shed as the day warms, water bottles and trash picked up en route.

Do not scoff at the lowly cotton bag. It is a gift from the gods. And the drug store manager.

Killdeer    :bigsmyl:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©