3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why do you ?  (Read 609 times)

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why do you ?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 07:07:00 AM »
I look at traditional hunting as a lifestyle.  It seems I am a fair bit younger than most who have already posted, this perhaps I can offer an answer from the perspective of a younger man.  I have been hunting exclusively with a recurve for two years now.  I am totally immersed in the lifestyle.  I am a hard worker, something my father taught me.  I hunt with trad tackle because I like the idea of leveling the playing field and EARNING any game I might harvest.

I scout year round.  Any spare moment a have finds me in the woods with my bow, perhaps actively scouting, or perhaps just spending time afield.  Most here probably know, there is never any telling what you may witness or experience by simply being outdoors among wildlife.  

Some part of my life is devoted to the hunt EVERY SINGLE DAY!  I may sharpen broadheads, work on my shooting form, make or tune arrows....or read, research, learn.  I take every opportunity to soak up the knowledge of those who know more than I do...which are many.  Often, you learn what not to do rather than what to do, which I find equally valuable.

I hunt the way I hunt, because it's not easy.  I like the fact that not everyone can or will do it this way.  I like that my experiences afield are not cheapened by labor saving gadgets.  Above all, traditional bowhunting is the best way I have found to commune with the natural world.

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©